tvepsorg
WHY????
  • 2005/7/13 10:48

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Why can't we get cool themes like this?

Xoops is such a great cms, but the themes are so limited. No spice, plain jane, css only, default themes. For the most part. There are the occasional exceptions. The XOOPS development team needs to hire a graphics designer. Just my opinion.

incama
Re: WHY????
  • 2005/7/13 11:06

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

tvepsorg wrote:

Bad example in my opinion
Webdesign
Sitting Ducks?!
I hate politics, give me a stylie instead...

bluenova

Doesn't display well with anything less than 1024x768, In my opinion a theme is only a good theme if it displays well in any browser at any resolution.

JMorris
  • 2005/7/13 11:11

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

tvepsorg wrote:

Xoops is such a great cms, but the themes are so limited. No spice, plain jane, css only, default themes. For the most part. There are the occasional exceptions. The XOOPS development team needs to hire a graphics designer. Just my opinion.

You could learn how to design themes yourself and then submit them to the community, instead of commenting on the lack of themes that you like.

If you take a look at the FAQ section of this site and the Links section of my site, you'll find every resource you'll need to get you well on your way.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

davidl2
  • 2005/7/13 12:38

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

The only clever thing is the flash... other than that, little I've not seen on better XOOPS themes...

tvepsorg
  • 2005/7/13 12:46

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

Quote:

Bad example in my opinion

What would be good? That theme to me is colorful and catches the eye. Not the bland and monotone like the one I'm looking at now. Again.. that's MY opinion. In either case, there seems to be only one "type" of style here with xoops. You may like the plain ones, but some like the kind I referenced above, can't we do both?

Quote:

Doesn't display well with anything less than 1024x768, In my opinion a theme is only a good theme if it displays well in any browser at any resolution.

This is the type of mentality that is slowing the internet down. Like people who "dumb" down their code to accomidate people with older browsers or slower connections. Why stifle our creativity for people with lesser technologies.

Quote:

You could learn how to design themes yourself and then submit them to the community, instead of commenting on the lack of themes that you like.

If you take a look at the FAQ section of this site and the Links section of my site, you'll find every resource you'll need to get you well on your way.

I anticipated this kind of response. At the end of the day, XOOPS is releasing a product. I'm simply saying that it's a shame that this wonderful code can only be displayed so few "styles".

tvepsorg
  • 2005/7/13 12:47

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

Quote:

The only clever thing is the flash... other than that, little I've not seen on better XOOPS themes...

Can you point me to those themes? Perhaps I'm just not seeing them...

fantasy
  • 2005/7/13 12:52

• fantasy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

Quote:
by tvepsorg on 2005/7/13 11:48:07

I AGREE!!!

Resized Image
THIS IS A THEME!!!!! A CPG-Nuke theme, and it rocks..

Resized Image
This is an XOOPS theme...

see the difference...
yep... COME ON.. XOOPS is a cool system..
this is my 2nd time using xoops, i left the 1st time becasue of toilet like themes...
tvepsorg, i'm in the same boat as you..
there is a good saying, if you want something done well, do it yourself.. i'm learning smarty code, so i'll soon show this community, what REAL themes look like...
Smarty is a real hot system, and i know you can do ANY theme you like.. but we have no good graphics designers..
I told em to make me a theme from Vpixel php-nuke theme
but he sayed
Quote:
Nuke themes sources is "bad reading", but with one live Nuke-site, which can show themes it's more brain-friendly task... for me... I still resist installing own Nuke, because I have now only 4 themes in "maybe list"

in other words, not brain-friendly...
in other words, they are laysy f**ks who can't add some simple vailables from smarty to a already done HTML template...
so IM AM GOING TO MAKE THEMES!!!!
the ONLY site www.montisarts.com makes GOOD themes, the ONLY good XOOPS theme site..
so my site is going to make themes soon..
pease out

davidl2
  • 2005/7/13 13:03

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

www.myxoops.com - download the Free Dreamweaver add on pack, or sign up for some great low cost themes.

There are others that can provide great themes as well...

incama
  • 2005/7/13 13:27

• incama

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

the ONLY site www.montisarts.com makes GOOD themes, the ONLY good XOOPS theme site..
so my site is going to make themes soon..

Those are your words, montisarts is a great designer, but not the only good one.

The main problem of XOOPS is that it isn't addepted by the gaming and fantasy community, so there are relative few themes which are bloated as the examples above. But XOOPS is growing each and every day, adepts itself to what is wanted and needed. So if more and more people want these kind of themes, more and more themes will be availble.

Personally I love most of the Mambo themes, and I hope XOOPS is going the same way.
Webdesign
Sitting Ducks?!
I hate politics, give me a stylie instead...

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits