digitalalias
How to customize the Contact Form?

Hi,

I would like to add another section to the contact form, basically displaying some text and a picture. How do I do it?

In the file /modules/contact/index.php.. I created another php file and thought I could simply "include" it somewhere on between line 40-42. So I typed in "include 'map.php'".

But when it displays, the text is totally off. I guess I'm suppose to use "$contact_form->". Any suggestions?

pod
Re: How to customize the Contact Form?
  • 2005/7/8 12:26

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

The easiest way to go about that would be to edit the contact form template, rather than the php files. You need to clone the template set first, set the new cloned templates as the default set in preferences, then edit the contact form template to suit your needs.

I can suggest a better alternative though, use Liase for your contact forms. With Liase you can add/edit custom fields, have multiple forms, insert html anywhere within the form & just basically have a lot more control over every aspect of your forms. You can find Liase here.

Hope this helps :)
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

digitalalias

Thank you for that suggestion. This module is great! It's exactly what I needed.

landry
  • 2005/7/30 5:18

• landry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

Hello

I want to change the email that the contact form is sent to. Can I do that w/o installing Liase?

thanks

sunsnapper

Landry,
Seriously, Liase is the way to go. Very easy to install and use. Highly recommended.

In fact, in the time it takes to read this message, you could be up and running with Liase... or close to it.

This has the added benefit of making it very easy for you to add additional forms down the road for anything else you might need.

If there is a way to do what you are asking with Contact Us (and I'm sure there's a way, if you are willing to do editing and configuring)... whatever that way is likely more time consuming than simply using Liase.

Liase is one of the most polished and professional modules available for Xoops.

Pick the version of Liase that matches your version of Xoops... either for XOOPS 2.0.13 or XOOPS 2.2 (I'm still using the old XOOPS so I am unable to recommend 2.2 yet... but, anticipate doing so soon).
Download Liase

sunsnapper

There might be an easy way to do what you are asking, though.

If the Contact Us module is sending an email to whatever email address you have set as your Administrator account... you could edit your User Profile for Administrator to a different email address.

I guess that's one way to do it.

But, I would still get Liase because it is just that cool.

Marco
  • 2005/7/30 10:05

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

philou's Formulaire Module is another way to achieve your dream !
marco
Do synergy or die.

digitalalias

I would suggest that you use liaise and create a group for emailing.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits