monster
Xoops 2.2 release ?
  • 2005/7/7 12:20

• monster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/28

can you say where is the XOOPS 2.2 release ? In the roadmap is this this week.

Gambero[removed]
Re: Xoops 2.2 release ?

10th July.

arrakis
  • 2005/7/7 16:30

• arrakis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/1

Quote:

Gambero wrote:
10th July.

Hello :) I have a 2.0.7 installation and since now everything worked fine, I missed the upgrades until now, waiting for the 2.2 version, but now I have some doubts about it, will it be released as an upgrade or it will be a full installation only? Because if it will be an upgrade then I can start since now to apply all the upgrade patches from my version to the actual version, then to the 2.2 version, or is better to wait and then do a major upgrade to 2.2 directly?

I ask that because I worked a lot on the graphic personalization and I modified a lot of modules templates, some of them I also translated and hacked in some details.

I'm also worried that if something goes wrong I will mess up everything and never get back the site as it is now considering that I am on a shared hosting and I don't have a server, so the backups, download and uploads will take hours themselves...

Gambero[removed]

I think only patch from 2.0.13 will be available, but I am not sure.

I had a same situation as you. And I upgraded from 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.13 directly.

Just copy all new files and overwrite them (except mainfile.php, newbb (if you are using newbb 2), news (if you are not using news 1) and all your custom graphics. Then just update the system module and you are ready for 2.2

But off course make a backup!

Mithrandir

If you have only modified module templates and themes, you will be able to upgrade to 2.2 by uploading the full 2.2 package (it will only hold System module and two new ones for profile and PM functionality) and update the system afterwards.

We will make a patch for 2.0.13 to 2.2 and also a small handful of patches going from 2.0.6, 2.0.7 (and 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3), 2.0.9 (and 9.1 and 9.2) and 2.0.10 to 2.0.13 so it will max be two upgrades that should be performed.

This will not be in time for the 2.2 release, though, but hopefully within a week's time after the release.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

gediminasbyt

Any recommendations on modules to use or not when upgrading?

Let's say I do have protector installed on all my sites, should I remove/disable it when upgrading? Is it compatible with 2.2 or even needed in 2.2. Just general precautions on upgrade. Other possible modules for trouble in my opinion are:

xoopsmembers
blocksadmin

Would they cause any interference with 2.2? Any others?

Mithrandir

blocksadmin won't work with 2.2 since the block structure has changed.
xoopsmembers should still work, but might not be necessary anymore as the functionality is present - and improved - in the included Profile module

Protector - will have to be seen whether it causes any problems. It shouldn't, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

gediminasbyt

Thanks Mith, that was exactly what I thought about these modules. Still, not sure what will I do with Protector. I'll try upgrading test site and see will it have any bad effects on it.

pegasus00321

Is XOOPS 2.2 really coming out July 10th?

If it is, that is really really fast.
I have a site still running 2.0.9.3 and so if i took like the patches from 2.0.9.3 to 2.0.latest and merged them and then applied the patch from 2.0.latest to 2.2, will that work?
Pegasus00321

I would appricate it if you click this link
TuFat.com PHP Scripts and etc

Mithrandir

I have today received a set-back when it comes to the PM module and I'm less than confident about the bug-free-ness of the current 2.2 code. I will have to do something about the profile and pm modules tomorrow to make sure that they are working correctly. Then we can refine those modules in XOOPS 2.4 - or someone else can make better modules that ought to be used instead.

I am most inclined to releasing XOOPS 2.2 with the current functionality (when it's working correctly, of course) and then build on that in the next releases. Unfortunately that means that the PM functionality will not be enhanced much in XOOPS 2.2

The goal is still a release on Sunday.

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits