Shelia
Can't update system after upgrade
  • 2005/6/29 17:01

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/22

I upgraded using the XOOPS 2.10 to 2.12 patch. I attempted to upgrade the system module however once I got to the screen in the ACP that says "Press the button below to update this module" - the button is not visible!

The index page just displays the headings for my custom blocks - no content, and I'm stumped. HELP....PLEASE!

Mithrandir
Re: Cant update system after upgrade

any php debug errors?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Shelia
  • 2005/6/29 17:06

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

Can't edit anything in the Preferences so can't turn debug on. As the index page stands there are no error that show up on the page.

Shelia
  • 2005/6/29 17:07

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

Can't edit anything in the Preferences so can't turn debug on. As the index page stands there are no error that show up on the page.

Mithrandir

Why can't you edit the preferences?

Try following the advice in troubleshooting blank pages about enabling php debug
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Shelia
  • 2005/6/29 17:41

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

I made the change suggest - "include/common.php". Near line 83, change "error_reporting(0);" to "error_reporting(E_ALL);".

I don't get any errors anywhere.

Mithrandir

But what's wrong with the preferences?

Cusix Software

Shelia
  • 2005/6/29 17:47

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

When I attempted to turn debugging on in Preferences and hit GO it gives a blank page.

This was the first thing I attempted to do when I could not update the system because there is no update button.

Mithrandir

hmmm...

Try commenting out (put // in front of) these lines in include/common.php (and keep the error_reporting(E_ALL); line):

if ($xoopsConfig['debug_mode'] == 1) {

error_reporting(E_ALL);
    } else {

// Turn off error handler

$xoopsErrorHandler->activate(false);
    }

And see if you get any error messages now.

Cusix Software

Shelia
  • 2005/6/29 18:34

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

Still can't figure this out!
From index page
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty errorunable to read resource"db:system_block_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning 
[PHP]: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in file modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php line 62
Warning 
[PHP]: fopen(http://p.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?c=Pop%20music%20news&o=rss";): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in file modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php line 62

ACP keep flashing and reverting back to menu page

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits