raygauci
all of a sudden Serious login problems
  • 2005/6/27 17:30

• raygauci

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/16

Help needed here please!
All of a sudden when I login to my site as a webmaster, I enter successfully the user and password........also successfully it gives me the message "thank you for logging in......." and then the next page that follows instead of showing me the user menu it logs me out as if I never logged in the firspage.
I like to tell you that I haven't upgraded any modules or any files. I think my site was hacked

I need your expert advise.

wcrwcr
Re: all of a sudden Serious login problems
  • 2005/6/27 17:36

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi

Did you try to restore your db table "xoops_session"?
It seem that is "broken"/corrupted" somehow.

Hope this helps.

raygauci
  • 2005/6/27 17:47

• raygauci

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/16

Yes I did.
I checked the database and it did show there was a problem with the table xoops_sessions, did the repair job successfully and tried to login in again. No luck, and worse I lost the index pages (they became blank pages) for these modules xdonations and myAlbim. The rest of the modules weren't effected as far as I can tell.

Herko
  • 2005/6/27 20:11

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Have you cleared your browser's cache when you tried to relogin? Sometimes it keeps session data.

You said that the session table was damaged somehow, have you checked other tables in your database?

Herko

gediminasbyt

I've had this kind of problem only when I was accessing my site from secure locations and had custom sessions enabled on XOOPS site. I think could have been DNS timeouts as well because of network design. Sometimes would get timeouts while getting to some pages. Next day seemed to work and then reverse. If I disable custom session then login works (doesn't solve DNS timeout issue though). But to me was obvious browser did not accept custom session cookie.

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits