Yero
News title in HTML title?
  • 2005/6/25 15:01

• Yero

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/1

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to include the title of the news item on top of the HTML title.

Now it reads: [site name] - [subject name]
(subject name = in my case news, columns, etc)

Articles on my site are spidered by search engines this way. So if anyone finds an interesting article the title reads [site name] - [subject name] instead of the real title of the artikel. This looks really weird in Google and probably prevents people from clicking on it.

It is easy to include the title here?
Of is that already possible in some way?

Regards,
Yero

Mithrandir
Re: News title in HTML title?

"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Yero
  • 2005/6/25 15:24

• Yero

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/1

Thanks! So, do I understand it correctly that this is an unofficial news module, that is different from the one in XOOPS 2.0.9.2?

Mithrandir

It is an officially developed version that is different from the one in the full XOOPS packages in order not to break the upgrade path from earlier XOOPS versions.

From XOOPS 2.2 all these modules will be separated from the core so we don't have these problems in the future, but can always distribute XOOPS with the best modules available.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

276 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 276

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits