animas
Open Realty & XOOPS integration
  • 2005/6/25 8:31

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

[I know there is a buggy realty module which uses OLD Open Realty script. Now Open Realty is reborn with tons of features.]

As you know that Open Realty is free and HIGHLY customizable listing management script. You can create and customize any kind of listing without php knowledge. So this integration will also make it a all types of listing manager module for xoops.

The main thing I am looking for is
*WHEN NEW USER REGISTERS IN XOOPS WILL ALSO BE REGISTERED IN OPEN REALTY.
*WHEN A USER LOGIN IN XOOPS WILL LOGIN TO OPEN REALTY TOO.

It is better to code keeping the Open Realty structure intact, because lots of upgrades going on with OR.

I wish I were a good programmer to integrate the latest OR with xoops.

If anyone like start the project, I am eager to assist(Please drop me a PM).

animas
Re: Open Realty & XOOPS integration
  • 2005/6/27 10:50

• animas

• Quite a regular

So no one interested?

wtravel

What do you want to use this script for? A new directory module is in the works that is supposed to be capable of managing all kinds of directories, like real estate, accommodation, a business directory etc.

The name of this module is efqDirectory, a first (alpha) release is planned for August, if everything goes well.

animas
  • 2005/6/28 11:44

• animas

• Quite a regular

Open Realty has
-virtual tour feature for each listing.
-All fields are customizable
-Serach fields are customizable
-Search result is customizable,
-Add to favorite list,
-Saved search and many more!

So imagine how useful will it be for beginners!

wtravel

Quote:
-virtual tour feature for each listing.

Can you describe this feature a little bit in more detail?
Quote:

-All fields are customizable
-Search fields are customizable

This will be included in efqDirectory as well.
Quote:
-Search result is customizable,

What do you mean with customizable search results? Is this the same as customizable search fields?
Quote:
-Add to favorite list,

This would be a good suggestion, I will take it on in the features request list.[/quote]
Quote:
-Saved search

By saved search you mean that a user can save his search queries for easy retrieval?

animas
  • 2005/6/28 12:28

• animas

• Quite a regular

One more important feature...
-User can upload multiple pictures

Virtual Tour is a must for RealEstate and Auto Listings. This is a 360 tour which uses Panoramic images. A free plugin can be found on 0-360 if you plan to add these feature to your module.

Search results are customizable means, you can define which fields will be shown in search results. So that you are showing only relevant fileds/columns which are sortable.

Saved search is giving a name/id to a search result. In fact I liked add to favorites better.

Open Realty is most customizable script for single type listing I have ever seen.

E-Classifieds is the is most customizable script for multiple category type listing I have ever seen(can be a model for efqDirectory). Here admin can define different set of fileds for each category and subcategory and upload multiple images. One listing can be set under multiple categories(good for keyword search). These are called real customization.

wtravel

Quote:
One more important feature...
-User can upload multiple pictures

This feature is planned for a future release.
Quote:
Virtual Tour is a must for RealEstate and Auto Listings. This is a 360 tour which uses Panoramic images. A free plugin can be found on 0-360 if you plan to add these feature to your module.

I will need to look into this one...
Quote:
Search results are customizable means, you can define which fields will be shown in search results. So that you are showing only relevant fileds/columns which are sortable.

I will look into this feature for a future release.
Quote:
Saved search is giving a name/id to a search result. In fact I liked add to favorites better.

I agree, favorites would seem better to me too, perhaps with favorite categories added as a feature.
Quote:
E-Classifieds is the is most customizable... Here admin can define different set of fileds for each category and subcategory.... One listing can be set under multiple categories(good for keyword search)

This will be standard in the first release.

animas
  • 2005/6/28 13:38

• animas

• Quite a regular

Then efqDirectory certainly is going to be a useful and demanding module.

zioncurtain

I am using the REALTY module, and I would like to drop the "Auto Center" section. Is this possible?

I know that the base v. of Open Realty does not come with this additional feature.

I have tried to remove the tables and comment out the areas for the auto center in the code myself, but I have been unsuccessful.

I am not totally lazy and Im sure that if I gave it enough time I could figure this out. But is there a real quick fix for this, or a module that is available without the Auto Center feature?

Thanks!

catalin12345

from where i can download the module realty for xoops?give me a link or if anyone haves this module pls send it to catalin_castellano@yahoo.com
thanks very much anticipately!

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits