raygauci
Xoops Root Path
  • 2005/6/16 18:01

• raygauci

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/16

I have installed XOOPS onto a new server. I have done this a dozen times with great success. Normally the xoops_root_path is: '/home/domain/public_html'
Now this new provider has the following: '/home/sites/domain.net/public_html' on his server. Please note the added text /sites/ and .net to the root path.
This link is giving me a blank white page as a home page. Is there something I need to change in teh mainfile.php or perhaps the provider has to implement from his side?
Thanks

Dave_L
Re: Xoops Root Path
  • 2005/6/16 18:43

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

There should be no problem using a path like that. Have you tried the suggestions in: Why do I have a blank white page on my site?

gediminasbyt

If I understand you correctly your provider has changed a physical path or you moved your XOOPS site to new provider. There is no difference if path has a .(dot) in it, you just have to update your path as it is in mainfile.php. Everything else should work.

raygauci
  • 2005/6/16 20:37

• raygauci

• Just popping in

That's what I thought after all the it is a right path.
May I point out that when I installed XOOPS everything worked followed all the nomal installation and database, until the very end where it says something like View Home Page. Then the famous white blank screen.
This server is a bit not familiar to me......... on the root folder there is a log file with this type of path /var/log/virtual_logs/domain.net if that can help I do not know.
I need this root path to work as it is driving me to the wall.

raygauci
  • 2005/6/16 20:48

• raygauci

• Just popping in

I forgot to mention that there is also in the root folder, another folder namedmivadata Never heard of this before. There is always something new to learn.

gediminasbyt

Is log file is an actual file or it's a symbolik link? If you efteepee to your site look up command like "ls -al"
if it list something like:
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root            9 Oct  1 19:42 something-> /dev/null

and the first character stands for:
- regular file
d directory
l symbolic link
c character device
b block device
s socket device

You can go to your root and issue a command "pwd" it will tell you full path to your working directory which you enter to mainfile.php.

Good luck and tell me if you have more problems.

raygauci
  • 2005/6/17 7:56

• raygauci

• Just popping in

The log file is a symbolic link. Infact I cannot download it through ftp or open the file on the server. So I cannot teel you what's about. Also I don't seem to have access using SSH.
I will contat the host company to see what they can co from their side.

gediminasbyt

Well this is good, you dont have to worry about log file location. SSH is secure way of FTP, you can do the same thing through FTP but insecure way. Do a "pwd" and copy that path to mainfile.php

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits