shy1ntx
System_SiteClosed - Locked out of my site PLEASE HELP
  • 2005/6/10 20:28

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/3 1

Ok... I need some serious help...

I had just cloned the default templates

I was editing the system_siteclosed.html file (primarily to reposition the logo and size)

However, when I went to go post the new htlm code into the admin section of the duped set....

I pasted the text.... submitted it... went to turn off site [note: i forgot to turn on update templates] logged out of the site.

Immediately I knew there was something wrong... the logo didnt show up. At first I thought that would be no big deal..probably had the address typed wrong.

But near the "login" box/form there was some exposed script. Some how it got corrupt.

So now just on top of the login box I have:

/user.php" method="post">

It is just sitting there. Looks like the form script got messed up. Now I am not sure but I think I need to:

First correct the scripting error.
Second upload it via ftp to the right location.

BUT I attempted to correct the code (have no idea what it is supposed to be- but in my html editor i previewed it and the bare script is no longer visable)

But when I uploaded it... (I cleared my cache and history) the template did not update.

Am I screwed or is there a way to log in and restore the default template or fix my snafu?

FYI here is how i changed the code: (The session id is where i am confused)
(Notice you can see that i moved the exposed script inside the brackets)

<{$lang_login}>
<{$lang_username}>
<{$lang_password}>

jdseymour
Re: System_SiteClosed - Locked out of my site PLEAE HELP

I would first try to log on at http://www.yoursite.com/user.php.

If that does not work then change to the default template through the database with phpmyadmin.

shy1ntx
  • 2005/6/10 23:16

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

Thanks.

I did find another thread that helped a lot as well. (similar)

I went thru phpadmin and found the config file and changed the value so it turns back on the site (edited for brevity)

See thread here

Seems there is a problem when I duplicate the default template...

Looking at it- during duplication, it somehow hijacked the form script and inserted session id information incorrectly. I double checked and duped the default template again and looked specifically at that html code and sure enough it was there.

I went back and copied the default templates html for this particular file and pasted it back in with my edits and hopefully that will solve it...

I am not sure if duplicating the default set is a known issue or there are other posts regarding this issue....

Will post success or failure for this particular incident.

Thanks for any input.

jdseymour

Well, I personally have never had such issues cloning a template set. The only issues I have had in this area are templates changing after an update/upgrade to the default template set until I manually update the cloned template set.

Good luck. Glad to hear you found information to recover.

shy1ntx
  • 2005/6/11 3:28

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

All is good.

I was able to paste the default html code into the cloned set.
Changed the logo and position. Turned off site to view the new page.

Worked like a charm. Looked like I wanted, and was then able to log back in...no strangling exposed script.

Site is back up and running.

Breathing easier tonight.

Now I need to work on understanding the CSS calls within the html and finding out were that information is so I can edit. I wanted to change the background color of the 'header' column where the logo is placed (default is the XOOPS blue) for this page only.... from what I suspect if I change the CSS it will effect not only this page but any page that calls the css.

Part of the fun is learning....

jdseymour

See this Faq Page for a great tool for identifying classes and selectors.

shy1ntx
  • 2005/6/11 3:43

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

AWESOME!

Thanks. That bit of info will be very helpful.

Login

Who's Online

512 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 512

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits