rajaito
xcgal - MAJOR BUG when batch adding photos
  • 2005/6/10 15:04

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/3 1

This really sucks. I just found out when and admin batch uploading photos for a user, the photos will show up in the user's gallery, but each photo is displayed as "submitted by: admin".

This is horrible! Is there a fix for this available?

jegelstaff
Re: xcgal - MAJOR BUG when batch adding photos

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your problem, and I'm sorry to say I don't have a solution...so why post...?

Well, I just wanted to comment that MAJOR BUG is a relative term. This is no doubt a major issue for what you're trying to accomplish. But it is not what any developer would consider a MAJOR BUG, I don't think. It doesn't prevent xcgal from operating basically as intended, it doesn't screw up your data, etc. The word major is usually reserved for bugs that cause serious problems in the actual operation of a system.

I just wanted to throw that out there for what it's worth. Thanks for reading.

--Julian

Herko
  • 2005/6/10 17:40

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Let me understand this correctly, when an admin adds a batch upload of pictures, they get the label submitted by admin. Isn't that true? Didn't the admin submit them> How is the system to know who the admin is submitting the images for?

Herko

m0nty
  • 2005/6/10 19:10

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

that's definitely not a bug..

it's by design, the original coppermine does the same.. the submitted by always displays the name of the person who submitted them, regardless of what category, folder, album the pics are in.

rajaito
  • 2005/6/11 18:11

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

hmmm... I see what you guys are saying. I guess its not a "major" bug. But I feel like it is poor design then. But I suppose I'd have to take that issue up with coppermine.

The problem is, I didn't take the photos but the gallery system conveys it as such to our users. I allowed the user to upload them to the server via FTP. But there is no option for them to batch add under their account and there is no option for the admin to choose who the photos are submitted by. I wonder if there is the possibility of adding a hack to choose who photos are submitted by. Or possibly can that line be hacked to show the owner of the gallery rather than the person who submits the photo??

It is not a bad gallery system, but there seems to be no support from the guy who made it XOOPS compatible. If there were a user batch upload option, that would fix the issue. Do you guys know of any plans to pick this project up again and further develop it as a solid XOOPS module? It really is the cloest thing to what our particular site needs at this point.

Thanx for all your help and support on the XOOPS project!

rajaito
  • 2005/6/13 17:21

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

So do you guys know if is possible to have the "submit by" line display the owner of the gallery?

rajaito
  • 2005/6/15 1:36

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

just a friendly bump....

rajaito
  • 2005/6/22 1:55

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

OK well I think I did find a real bug this time. Did you hear that? Yes I really said BUG!

When batch uploading images, the recent activity for xcgal on the profile page does not link correctly. It shows the little grey image for the gallery but does not show the linkable text for batch uploaded photos. I disabled the whole recent activity list because of this and it really sucks because I find that a useful thing to have on my site!

But now, I just discovered this is also true when doing a sitewide search. All the batch uploaded images do not show up as clickable.

Please someone help me fix this issue. Please. Please.... I am begging you.

The link to my site is below. Please just go do a search for the word "dance". You will see what I mean. Some of the photos will be clickable, but the ones that were batch uploaded are not.

toddherrold

Well, I don't know if it's a "bug" or a "feature" but it is a real problem from an ease of use perspective. The deal is that the batch add feature is very basic. when you search and find images, at least in my XOOPS installation, you will get a list of the thumbnails (these don't show in yours???) and the text of the description for the image. It is the description that is clickable and NOT the image thumb. Since the batch add feature doesn't allow you to include descriptions, this field in the dbase is empty and thus no clicky, even though the image thumb or icon shows up.

You have to go into the album in question and "edit pics" to add the description field. Once you do this, then they will have text to link to in search results. . .

Suboptimal, yes, . . but probably also not a bug, since batch add just doesn't offer that feature.

;) That's not to say that there aren't real bugs in xcgal, as there definitely are, but i've found most to be minor annoyances. I do wish that this project would be revitalized because so far it's the best XOOPS has to offer. . . it is definitely in need of an upgrade though.

toddherrold

also, as I've encountered the batch add and user name issue also, i can tell you that you need only go into phpMyAdmin then xcgal_pictures, browse the files to the end of the dbase table and you will see the most recent additions. just change the relevant userid field. . not sure which one it is at this point but it will be obvious. just make sure you put the right user's info in all the pictures. the user will then gain control over the images. .

Login

Who's Online

280 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 280

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits