toddherrold
donations not logging ipn transactions

i was having problems with donations 1.4 not logging ipn transactions from paypal, so I upgraded to xdonations 1.9 thinking that this might solve the problem. . but no joy.

PHP debug shows no obvious errors, and the ipn test comes back fine. . I've made sure that Paypal account email is the correct one, IPN is active on my account, and the URL for the php file is correct. .

Is anyone else having this problem or have an idea as to what to try next?

This started basically June 1, so I wonder if Paypal has made a change?

Here's the IPN test output:

Debug mode activated

Xoops Donations Module

PayPal Instant Payment Notification script

See below for status:Opening connection and validating request with PayPal...
OK!
Executing test query...PASSED!
PayPal Receiver Email: donations@hotdogblog.com
Logging events

If you don't see any error messages, you should be good to go!
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: payment_date in file modules/xdonations/ipnppd.php line 317
Notice [PHP]: strtotime(): Called with empty time parameter in file modules/xdonations/ipnppd.php line 317

script_fu
Re: donations not logging ipn transactions

Im haveing some problems also with donations 1.4 can anyone shed some light on this for me?

--------------------------------------------
Debug mode activated

Xoops Donations Module

PayPal Instant Payment Notification script

See below for status:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opening connection and validating request with PayPal...
OK!

Notice: Undefined index: item_name in /home/theus/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined index: item_number in /home/theus/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined index: payment_status in /home/theus/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 90

Notice: Undefined index: mc_gross in /home/theus/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: mc_currency in /home/theus/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 92

Notice: Undefined index: txn_id in /home/theus/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined index: txn_type in /home/theus/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 94

Notice: Undefined index: receiver_email in /home/theus/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 95

Notice: Undefined index: payer_email in /home/theus/public_html/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 96
Executing test query...PASSED!
PayPal Receiver Email: xxxxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't see any error messages, you should be good to go!

script_fu

Maybe there not errors and everything is working correctly?Or does each one of those outputs need to have my data inserted into the ipnppd.php file? The module seems to work on the first donation made.

m0nty
  • 2005/6/8 14:30

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

a friend i helped who had a similar problem stumped us for quite a while as 1 day it worked, then it didn't.. i don't know if paypal changed anything their end at all but on the off chance and was the last resort, we double checked the email address.. my friend had it as a catch all account and not a full mailbox..

as soon as he created the email addess physically and turned it into a proper email account, the donations once again began to register in the donators block..

barryc
  • 2005/6/8 17:32

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
a friend i helped who had a similar problem stumped us for quite a while as 1 day it worked, then it didn't.. i don't know if paypal changed anything their end at all but on the off chance and was the last resort, we double checked the email address.. my friend had it as a catch all account and not a full mailbox..

as soon as he created the email addess physically and turned it into a proper email account, the donations once again began to register in the donators block..

I got excited when I read this post because I have been having what sounds like exactly the same problem. My master email address on Paypal was set up as a forwarder on my server. That is, it's not a real POP account. I set one up, but still have the same problem. Testing the IPN using Xdonations 1.9 gives an "all clear" message. When I try a test donation, the donation is made, but apparently the info never gets back to my server, because no donation shows up in the recent donations block, etc.

Any other suggestions?

Barry

script_fu

Since I still have donations 1.4 and I have been unable to download xdonations 1.9 does anyone have a copy or link to the new module? I've looked high and low and the dev site link is closed?

m0nty
  • 2005/6/8 18:29

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

download 1.9 HERE

davidl2
  • 2005/6/8 18:44

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Thanks monty - will download this later.

If the developer has finished with this project - is it possible to contact them and see if they wish to leave it open for someone else to take on?

And on that note, is it worth having a repository section for modules that are "homeless"?

m0nty
  • 2005/6/8 18:49

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

i'm not sure.. bd_csmc was the developer of it. i don't think he would mind though.

with regard to repository, i think that issue of homeless mods maybe in discussion. mith or herko might be able to tell you more on that regard.

script_fu

Thank you for that m0nty that proved to be very elusive.

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits