lprono77
Xoops is my nightmare!
  • 2005/6/2 17:49

• lprono77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/1 1

First off, let me say that XOOPS is a fine CMS. It has some great deatures and a ton of addons. The problems is with editing the look of these pages. I've spent more time trying to edit the look of one module than I care to mention. It's almost as if it was designed to make me go crazy.

For example, in the polls module. All I want to do is remove the expiration column from the page. I change the template, update the module, clear my cache, but nothing changes. So I go directly to the db and try to change the tblsource column. Still, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong here?

I've had the same problem with update the popnupblog module. Nothing changes. Then again I can easily change the web link and downloads module. That works perfectly when I change the template and update everything. What's with this thing?

Now I must admit I'm not the best PHP guy out there, but I'm ok. I've worked with other systems and it seems like XOOPS is designed in a way to make it difficult to change things. It's driving me nuts. I have a client who is all over me for the simpliest of changes, but it's taking days because I can't remove a column, or change the page at all.

It's too bad I discovered Mambo a little too late. No disrespect but it seems like a much easier CMS to use.

davidl2
Re: Xoops is my nightmare!
  • 2005/6/2 17:57

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Some of us are still at work unfortunately, but i'll look at the poll thing later for you .. I could do with changing this as well for myself.

davidl2
  • 2005/6/2 17:59

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I don't know the other module - was it from the repository?

lprono77
  • 2005/6/2 18:00

• lprono77

• Just popping in

i'm not making a fortune here. the "client" is actually a friend of mine. the fee is minimal, but he wanted to give me something for my time because this is what i do for a living. i'm more worried about disappointing my friend than getting paid. don't mean to be rude, i'm just soooo frustrated.

lprono77
  • 2005/6/2 18:01

• lprono77

• Just popping in

ya, the blog module I downloaded from the repository. it works fine, I just need to change the look of it.

Dave_L
  • 2005/6/2 19:06

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Did you change the template from the control panel, or by editing the actual file(s)?

Did you try deleting the contents of the cache and templates_c directories (except for the files index.html and .htaccess, if they're present)?

talunceford

In the admin menu of your site, in the general prefs, did you check update html files?

limecity
  • 2005/6/2 19:11

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Quote:

For example, in the polls module. All I want to do is remove the expiration column from the page. I change the template, update the module, clear my cache, but nothing changes. So I go directly to the db and try to change the tblsource column. Still, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong here?

What changes did you made to the template?
I tested it on my site. I go to my template admin. open up xoopspoll_index.html.
I just remove

<{$lang_expiration}>
<{$polls[i].pollEnd}>

and it the expiring date is gone. I didn't even clear any cache nor module update.

Xoops may be your nightmare but its 10,000+++ other members' paradise.

Login

Who's Online

281 user(s) are online (171 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 281

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits