drummond
Automatic page reload
  • 2005/5/31 1:14

• drummond

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

I just installed XOOPS 2.0.10 and any time I edit anything, I get stuck on the page that says:

"Database Updated Successfully!

If the page does not automatically reload, please click here"

It will move on if I click on "here" but it doesn't automatically reload--which is very annoying. I have searched the forums and found other people have had this problem, but I haven't found any fixes. I am using Firefox, but I don't think it's a browser problem, as I can view several other XOOPS sites and it forwards correctly using Firefox. I have never had this problem before installing version 2.0.10.

Thanks for any help!

soconfused
Re: Automatic page reload
  • 2005/5/31 14:33

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

I've just developed the same problem with 2.09.2 The only cahnge I'd made was under preferences I changed the comments display to flat instead of nested - I changed it back to nested but still no page reload.

drummond
  • 2005/6/3 17:06

• drummond

• Just popping in

Hmm...It happens for me under any module and in the admin section...not just the forums, although I am running the newBB 2 forums, if that would somehow affect all the other modules?

Mithrandir

any connection to a WYSIWYG editor?

soconfused
  • 2005/6/4 0:46

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

Re: WYSIWYG editor - no not in my case.
The problem suddenly corrected itself after a few hours, so I assumed it was some sort of cache problem.
(although I had previously updated cache under prefs & my browsers cache with no luck). But it seems ok now.

drummond
  • 2005/6/10 18:18

• drummond

• Just popping in

Unfortunately, mine has been doing this for weeks and is not correcting itself. I _am_ using the Kiovi Editor hacked into the system according to it's directions.

Could that be what's causing my redirect problem? If so, any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks!

m0nty
  • 2005/6/10 19:02

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i have the same problem, sometimes with submitting.. usually it goes to a blank page, and hitting refresh brings the submit successful screen up..

i thought it was just my browser security etc..

i even get the problem here on xoops.org but only in the modules repository when trying to download.. it goes to the redirect screen and that's it.. i have to click the click here link for it to continue with the download.

like i said, i thought it was just my browser settings which is why i never reported it.. i'm using IE btw.. haven't noticed the problem with firefox or mozilla.

Peekay
  • 2005/7/8 11:34

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Apparently there is a Koivi/Firefox issue with redirects. In the latest Koivi distro, there's a fix in the docs. In XOOPS admin, open templates. Edit the system template called 'system_redirect.html' and change:

<body>

to:

<body onload="void(location.href='<{$url}>');">

Worked for me!
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

bluenova

There are also other changes to make, check the readme of the latest Koivi release.

Peekay
  • 2005/7/8 12:29

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

The docs also mention altering the redirect_header function in include/functions.php, but it refers to the line
<body onload="void(location.href=".$url.'');">
and I couldn't find anything remotely like that in that function (I'm using XOOPS 2.0.10).

The only other thing related to redirects I can see in the readme is to empty the browser cache, is that what you are referring to?
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits