davidtillyer
Module for clubs

Can someone put together a module to allow clubs to be setup within a XOOPS site (see below what I and many other are looking for) a lot of the core code is there it has a LOT of the features of the main site code.

1: I want to give the registered members on my site the ability to setup a club.
2: They will have the following admin rights over the club. Setting up a "Home page" for that club to inform other members about the club.
3: Aurothorising or declining members to join there club.
4: Have the ablity to send all the club members an email
5: With in the club you will have a diary system that will allow them to set dates for events for the members to attend an event and for the members to search the calander for forth comming events of interest.

But as the webmaster I will have complet control over it all.

What I'm looking for is part of the XOOPS site within a site, ALL the code is there it's just a case of taking all the right bits and making this into a module with a stamp on it from the developer, a few added extras. Then this can be roled out to ALL users of XOOPS to benefit.

I hope this give who erver is reading a better idear of what I'm looking for if not let me know. All the bits are there can someone PLEASE put this together.

Mithrandir
Re: Module for clubs

Please don't repost and doublepost. You have asked this several times before. Bump up the old thread instead of making a new one, thank you.

davidtillyer

Thank you, good surggestion I will do that in the futuer.

As a XOOPS developer can you help me or can another developer?

animas
  • 2005/5/20 15:17

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

I need the same script. It will be something like yahoo groups. Let me know if you find any.

limecity
  • 2005/5/20 16:37

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

ah u are trying to create Yahoo Groups or MSN group.

As far as i know, it can't be done in XOOPS yet and doubt XOOPS will be doing this either. Same goes to other CMS like Mambo or phpnuke, i think.

Xoops is a CMS. Content Management System.

davidtillyer

From what I have discribed above can anyone give me any ideas of how to great something like this within xoops?

Can I give modorator pomissions, what I'm looking for is a XOOPS min site inside my site.

ANY ideas, PLEASE HELP

fo-fo
  • 2005/5/20 19:24

• fo-fo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/13

You need more modules to do this

1: I want to give the registered members on my site the ability to setup a club.

try setting up custom blocks or hack existing ones to act as a 'gateway' to one club. then try customizing a guestbook is my guess.

2: They will have the following admin rights over the club. Setting up a "Home page" for that club to inform other members about the club.

xoops admin preferences?

3: Aurothorising or declining members to join there club.

I think several modules have an 'authorizing' feature. the news module has it.

4: Have the ablity to send all the club members an email.

? but even at yahoo you can send group mails.

5: With in the club you will have a diary system that will allow them to set dates for events for the members to attend an event and for the members to search the calander for forth comming events of interest.

mrbs module.

animas
  • 2005/5/21 7:31

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

@
Quote:

limecity wrote:
and doubt XOOPS will be doing this either.

This is expected as an add on module. And CMS get popular for modules along with core features.

For calendars the module can interact with pical, I think. Rather than developing the functions that already have in other modules, why not hack those modules and concentrate on club management features?

wtravel

Quote:

limecity wrote:
ah u are trying to create Yahoo Groups or MSN group.

As far as i know, it can't be done in XOOPS yet and doubt XOOPS will be doing this either. Same goes to other CMS like Mambo or phpnuke, i think.

The concept being referred to in this thread is very applicable to XOOPS. It will take quite some time to develop this module, but there do not seem to be many difficult features in the description.

I am overloaded with work at the moment, so I will not be doing any development on this module, but if someone wants to take this project on I would be glad to help out on the concept.

Martijn

davidtillyer

Dear ALL,
Thank you, for ALL your feedback I will give FoFo idea a go and let you all know how I get on or if need further help.

A big thank you, to the XOOPS core developer for your feed back, you can see there is a LOT of interest for this module and if the XOOPS core team or any other developer is reading this, developing this module will give you a high profile and you will be doing 100s of XOOPS users a great service.

PS: I do know where there are two modules like this and they are in PHP, but I'm NO hacker and would not have a clue what to do, so if a good core developer was to PM me I can point you in the direction and this, I hope would be the main core code for this module, with a few needed twicks.

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits