evylrat
Need to shape my site up - please advise
  • 2005/5/19 11:13

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/25

http://www.cheshair.com

I've been running XOOPS for about a year and half now, I'm on my second theme. The site is due an overhaul now. I'm after suggestions and ideas.

The site is a small community page for a local VW Air Cooled club.

Thanks!

pod
Re: Need to shape my site up - please advise
  • 2005/5/19 11:28

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

I like the overall style of it as it is, but the top left appears slightly maligned & the top right... well...

Resized Image

I reloaded several times but it kept coming up that way. Odd.

I'm using IE 5.5.

evylrat
Re: Need to shape my site up - please advise
  • 2005/5/19 11:48

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

Damn, it's testing IE 6 and Firefox. Oh dear, it's been like that for almost a year! I'd best fix that.

I would like to go over the theme and close up some of the text and use borders around new items maybe.

LazyBadger
SOT - Re: Need to shape my site up - please advise

All IE ignore W3C more or less, and only IE 5.* do it always... No problems at all in standard-compliant FF 1.04 and even Opera 8

pod
Re: SOT - Re: Need to shape my site up - please advise
  • 2005/5/19 12:11

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Yeah I really wouldn't worry about making it compatible w IE 5.5, honestly... I would be running Firefox if it didn't lag my ancient machine, & the vast majority of able-pc'd surfers have upgraded their software. Those who cannot keep up with the technology suffer the consequences, serves em right.

Back to your theme, I agree some rounded borders wrapping internal blocks might be nice. And only since you are asking for feedback I will point out that the corners of your main box look like they have been optimized to display on an orange background, you can see a slightly frayed orange edge around them. Would look much cleaner if they were optimized w a purple matte, to match your bg. I adore rounded edges, they're just so much fun, lol. There's a good tutorial I found recently on how to achieve them with css here, maybe it will inspire you as it did me, when I made my last theme.

I dig the orange/purple thing you have goin on tho... maybe introduce a lil green?

evylrat
Re: SOT - Re: Need to shape my site up - please advise
  • 2005/5/19 12:21

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

You're right, a previous version of this theme was on an orange background, so I need to redo the corners. There used to be big green blocks on the page, but I took em off until I can do something a bit better. I used a colour wheel to give me the blue, since the orange is the colour of the CheshAIR logo.

Thanks for the comments!

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits