bumbum
Default Avatars
  • 2005/5/17 21:14

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

Can anyone tell me how I can (or even if it's possible) set default avatars for each group in my forum.
Most of the visitors to my site aren't very 'technical' and I want to encourage them to spend a bit more time on the site (particularly the forum) so I would like to give them all an avatar to start with by default.
I know in some forums, the administrator can set avatars according to the number of posts and users can also choose / upload their own.
Is there any way of doing this with Xoops2?

stuie200
Re: Default Avatars
  • 2005/11/29 18:33

• stuie200

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/4 2

I would also be very interested in finding out if this is poss or even just a default avatar can be set if the new user does not select one when regestering.

I notice that this XOOPS site has a default "No Avatar" avatar if the user has not selected one, how easy is it to implement this hack.

Thanks

EDIT: I have sussed out how to enable the default "No Avatar" avatar for users that have not selected one. You just need to overwrite the file "/uploads/blank.gif" with the file of your choosing keeping the same file name and this in turn will display your new avatar if required.
"I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar."

bumbum
  • 2005/12/5 22:29

• bumbum

• Just popping in

Hey thanks man, I'm off to try that one out.

OldFriend
  • 2005/12/7 4:33

• OldFriend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

just be careful that other modules aren't using blank.gif to really provide another function. if there is then you will end up with your default avatar popping up all over the place.

bumbum
  • 2005/12/7 20:54

• bumbum

• Just popping in

Yeah, I made a copy (blank1.gif) so I could just restore it back by just renaming it but so far their doesn't seem to be any need for it.
I won't be deleting it either in case I ever install any new modules or updates that require it.
Thanks lads :)

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits