xoopercat
like to move everything under root/xoops/html/ to root/
  • 2005/5/17 20:21

• xoopercat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/17

I installed XOOPS in the directory /root/xoops/html/ so that I could experiment with it and not mess up my existing site. Now that I am getting used to it, I'd like to move everything under /html/ up to root. What do I need to modify in database and/or files to make it a smooth transition ?

Thanks !

hyperpod
Re: like to move everything under root/xoops/html/ to root/
  • 2005/5/17 21:12

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

You should be able to simply edit mainfile.php after you move everything to the root dir.

if you edit this file, you will see XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and XOOPS_URL

change both to reflect the new location.

That should be it in most cases.

Cheers,

xoopercat
  • 2005/5/18 2:21

• xoopercat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/17

Thanks very much!!!! Exactly what I needed !

Arowana
  • 2005/5/18 2:58

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

Once again the job half done, this is the most common mistake I have seen when moving the site to another directory or server. nothing against Hyperpod at all it is a great start but more needs to be done.

After you edit the mainfile.php and move all your files to the new directory or server.

Dont Forget you will need to set permissions on the cache, templates_c, and uploads directories again (777).

Also under the cache directory there is a file adminmenu.php you need to set to 666 again.

Then export your database to a txt file and do a replace fromhttp://www.YOURdomainName.com/xoops/html tohttp://www.YOURdomainName.com - this is mainly for graphics not showing up or not vaild links on our site. Some dont do it but I say better safe then sorry.

Finally delete all files in your templates_c directory so nothing is cached on your site.

Now you will be good to go. Goodluck if you need help PM me and I will be more then willing to help you out.

Arowana

Login

Who's Online

66 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 66

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits