rickh
Administration option only in mainmenu when user has access rights
  • 2005/5/14 17:12

• rickh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/9 6

Hello,

I've upgraded my site from XOOPS 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.9.2 and then to 2.0.10. Everything seems to work fine when I'm logged in as administrator.
But when I log in as user with admin rights to a few modules (i.e. news and mylinks) this user only sees the 'Administration menu' option in the mainmenu when he visits that parts of the site. At other modules this user doesn't see the 'administration' option in mainmenu.

In XOOPS 2.0.7.3 the user _always_ had the 'administration' option in the mainmenu. Also when he visits other parts (modules) of the site. How can I set this back?? I think it's more understandable for the (not so experienced) users that they always see this menu option. I also just have made a manual for those users where is explained they always see this menu. So now it's a bit confusing for them

[edit] This is the mainmenu block template file i use:

<table cellspacing="0">
  <
tr>
    <
td id="usermenu">
      <
class="menuTop" href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php"><{$block.lang_youraccount}></a>
      <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/edituser.php"><{$block.lang_editaccount}></a>
      <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/notifications.php"><{$block.lang_notifications}></a>
      <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php?op=logout"><{$block.lang_logout}></a>
      <{if 
$block.new_messages 0}>
        <
class="highlight" href="<{$xoops_url}>/viewpmsg.php"><{$block.lang_inbox}> (<span style="color:#ff0000; font-weight: bold;"><{$block.new_messages}></span>)</a>
      <{else}>
        <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/viewpmsg.php"><{$block.lang_inbox}></a>
      <{/if}>

<{if 
$xoops_isadmin}>
        <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/admin.php"><{$block.lang_adminmenu}></a>
      <{/if}>
    </
td>
  </
tr>
</
table>

At the end u see " <{if $xoops_isadmin}>", but if i delete this also registred users with no admin rights can see the menu option. That's not my intention

rickh
Re: Administration option only in mainmenu when user has access rights
  • 2005/5/16 14:13

• rickh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/9 6

^^ a little kick ^^

Just for sure: do other people also have this 'feature' with XOOPS 2.0.10? Or is it a misconfiguration caused by myself?

Dave_L
  • 2005/5/16 15:46

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

If i recall correctly, that behavior was added in 2.0.9.x, as a side-effect of trying to make the is_admin function work more consistently.

Mithrandir

The administration menu link on all pages to anybody with at least one module administration privilege will return in XOOPS 2.2

dickinsd
Admin rights for one module - AND what version of xoops do I have installed?
  • 2005/6/12 11:58

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hi there, quick question.

first of all I think my XOOPS version is 2.0.72 or something like that, however I can't actually remember and I don't know where it was written, on of the sites I use XOOPS with has been heavily modified since around Novemebr last year.

Is the version info wrote in any php files?

It is not at the bottom of the page and it is not at the bottom of the admin page either.

Anyway my main question is can I greate a group that DO have admin access to the polls module?

I want to allow a member to be able to add, delete, modify, etc polls, I didn't realise before reading this thread that there was a way of giving people admin access to individual modules, I thought it was all or nothing.

So first off can anyone tell me how to check my XOOPS version and second can anyone tell me which versions of XOOPS allow you to give admin access to one module, and how I go about it.

Thanks for any help

Dave

dickinsd
What version of xoops do I have installed?
  • 2005/7/18 11:53

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

I know I am stupid, but is there any way I can find out what version of XOOPS I have installed as I want to know what steps I need to take to start upgrading to the most recent version.

I understand that if you have XOOPS version X.X.XX then you may not be able to go straight to the latest version, you may have to go to version X.X.XY and then X.X.YY before going for the latest stable release.

Unfortunately I don't know what version I have so I am not sure what I need to do to make sure my upgrade is as trouble-free as possible.

Does anyone know if there is a php file some where that would contain the version number as I can't see it any where.

Thanks

Dave

Dave_L
Re: What version of xoops do I have installed?
  • 2005/7/18 14:25

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The XOOPS version number is in include/version.php.

dickinsd
Re: What version of xoops do I have installed?
  • 2005/7/18 15:03

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Thank you very much for that.

I looked at so many files with version in the title, but never saw that one.

Thanks VERY much, at least now I know what version I have so that I can start the update process.

THANKS again.

Dave

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits