Hubkat
xRoster 2.0
  • 2005/5/9 16:23

• Hubkat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/25

Ok - after racking my brain - I have come to a standstill. I have installed, reinstalled, deleted, edited, reinstalled, redownloaded and repeated the process all over again, but to no avail. I can install xRoster 2.0 with no problems what so ever. I can manually add users to the xRoster with no problems. My problem is that when a user uses the application - it does not update the xRoster DB (As in it doesn't send their info to the database so I can approve them). Also - admin and user can hang it up alike if their is a "v" in their email addy - just doesn't recognize it for whatever reason, deletes the "v" and turns tgravel@a3eclan.com into tgrael@a3eclan.com. Anywhooo - I know I have had some PM's and some help in these forums - but I believe even the person helping me is at a standstill. If anyone has a working copy of xRoster 2.0 and would like to email that to me, it would be very much appreciated. I believe the copy that I have, and am downloading over and over, is corrupted somehow, which is why I keep running into the same problem. I used the link that was posted in these forums. Please help - as my Clan (Gaming Community) could really use this program. From what I have seen it looks exactly what I need. After I get a working, fuctional copy, I would be more than willing to donate for the use of this Module. Sincerely, Troy Gravel.

Hubkat
Re: xRoster 2.0
  • 2005/5/9 16:24

• Hubkat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/25

BTW - my email is tgravel@cox.net

toddherrold
Re: xRoster 2.0 problem with ( v ) and ( ' ) or vees and apostrophes

Hey there. . .I don't have a solution for you but just wanted to let you know, you are not alone! I just noticed that the "v" in email addy's in my installation doesn't work either. The v works in other fields so far though. That's pretty weird, eh?

Also, in the info fields, members can't write text using apostrophes ( ' ) or it crashes the SQL in index.php. . . I haven't been able to figure this one out either. . .

You can see it here:
http://www.hotdogblog.com/modules/xroster/

toddherrold

Does anyone have a solution for the "v" and (') issues in xRoster 2.0??? See above for description of problems.

Will_H
  • 2005/6/19 22:43

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I am having the same issue with the application just flunking on me... The concept is outstanding... especially for my particular situation... I have a clan site, and xroster is the perfect module with the exception of the key feature... THE APPLICATION.... man let me tell you its driving me nuts... and now there's an email bug? wow... something to look forward to.

i believe i have narrowed down the source of the problem...

look at xroster\include\function.php

only problem is idk what exactly is the problem yet... but i am certain this file is the source. be warned im a n00b.

Arowana
  • 2005/6/20 3:06

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

try downloading it again.

This is the same one we are using and I have installed this on other sites with no problems

http://cod.soegamers.com/downloads/xroster.zip

Will_H
  • 2005/6/20 23:34

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

darn i was all happy for a sec... but that my friend is a broken link... gotta fresh one? thanks for the help

Tabasco
  • 2005/6/21 1:13

• Tabasco

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/26

This is the latest version of xRoster. This is a module that will only work with XOOPS CMS.

http://www.soegamers.com/modules/wmpdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=14

I was just looking at it since I am part of a gaming group. I don't have XOOPS CMS

Will_H
  • 2005/6/21 12:00

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

well i downloaded this version of xroster and now it doesnt work at all. this is getting worse and worse :)

toddherrold

I am basically a noob to php too, and have looked quite a bit into the "v" and (') problems with the application page, basically with no success. However, it's working pretty well despite this problem. I have just posted very explicit warnings to users not to use the apostrophe on the application and it seems to be working. Of course, I don't know how many people try it and go away because the don't pay attention to the warning and submit and get rejected with a vicious sql error message. . .

For the "v" problem in email addy's, I basically just go into phpmyadmin and change it manually when I notice it.

You can see the implementation here. I am running version 2 and I probably downloaded it from that link posted above, so I believe that file will have the errors in it also.

http://www.hotdogblog.com/modules/xroster/

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits