asche
Notification per email is not send and ends up in Notifications
  • 2005/5/5 23:52

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

I have a user in my forum that has Notification options:
- in avatar it is set to Notification per email
- in Forum it is set to (notify about all new threads/postings)

This should assure that all new posts are send to email adress defined in avatar.

Problem:
There is no email, all post end up with a Notification within XOOPS System

Question:
How can I configure that notification is via email?

brash
Re: Notification per email is not send and ends up in Notifications
  • 2005/5/6 0:04

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

So what you are saying is that the user is being sent notifications, except he is getting notified via PM rather than e-mail which he has specified in his preferences?

asche
  • 2005/5/6 0:09

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

yes, the preference is defined as notification via email, but this email is not send. Instead there is a message in "Notifications".

charlievn
  • 2005/5/10 16:52

• charlievn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/17

i am in the same trouble..Otherwise,notification update function doesnt work on nearly days
who can tell me the solution ?,plz

javier
  • 2005/5/11 14:31

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

asche, charlievn guys you found any solution for these problem??

best regards
Javier

asche
  • 2005/5/11 23:17

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

I still have this problem, that email notification is set, but instead of emails notifications are send.

I tried in parallel with newly installed XOOPS, but even there I dont receive email.

Could it be something with the redirect for mails to webmaster@mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de at my domainhost? I dont think so, because I can send email to webmaster from outlook and receiving them at account that is set for in redirect (so this should be allright).

asche
  • 2005/5/12 22:33

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

The notification via email works only for normal email addresses, but not for emails within the domain like xxx@mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de.

For all emails like xxx@mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de I have set a "catch all" at my domain-provider (which is not my hosting-provider), so that emails send to these addresses are redirected to webmaster@mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de. This only works for sending email via outlook and else, but it does not work for notfications via email out of XOOPS. For these addresses I can find the notification for new postings in the "personal notification box".

Sorry, this sounds funny, but maybe somebody knows what is going wrong.

asche
  • 2005/5/13 8:25

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

email-notification is not possible for users email-address with domain-name like anyuser@mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de?

I am trying to use email-notification from internal Forum in XOOPS-System to external email-address of user. So maybe it is a problem of emails within the domain (www.mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de) of XOOPS-System?

The user can set these notification options himself and then should receive an notification via email for every posting that is subsribed to.

My Problem is:
it works allright for users with email-address outside of the domain, like my@personal-domain.de
it does not work for users with emails within the domain like anyuser@mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de

domain-name-provider:
is not at surpass
at the domain-provider I set an email redirect with catch-all sending all emails to the webmaster@www.mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de
but maybe this catch-all doesnot like this sort of email-notification?
I'll ask my provider )) anymind has an idea?

can I use redirects of cpanel-surpass, even when I am using external domain-provider (who maybe does not support this email-notification)?

thanks for advice and greetings

asche

plz: see my posting at surpass hosting:
http://www.surmunity.com/showthread.php?p=117887#post117887

ps: can I set email-notification as default for poster so that the writer of a posting gets an email-notification for sure?

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits