chippyash
Upgrade 2.0.7.x to 2.0.9 - it don't work!
  • 2005/4/25 22:16

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Just downloaded the 2.0.7.x to 2.0.9 upgrade. Third time. Read/viewed the helpful flash thingy on doing it. Followed instructions. Get:

Warning: main(/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/waltons/class/errorhandler.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/waltons/include/common.php on line 38

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/waltons/class/errorhandler.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/php/lib/php:.:/usr/local/php/includes') in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/waltons/include/common.php on line 38

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'xoopserrorhandler' in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/waltons/include/common.php on line 39

Cannot access site. had a look and found, /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/waltons/class/errorhandler.php doesn't exist. I have modules.errorhandler.php.

Is this upgrade naff? Am I doing something wrong. Every other upgrade I've done in last 18 months has not been a problem. I was hoping to go from 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.10 but there isn't an upgrade pack for that so assumed I had to go through the hoops and do it by installments.

Any help appreciated as it is stopping my module development (Need onUpdate working)

Regards
Ashley

jdseymour
Re: Upgrade 2.0.7.x to 2.0.9 - it don't work!

Ok, I just checked the downloads here and no 2.0.7 to 2.0.9 patch. I believe that one was pulled because of bugs.

Now there is a 2.0.7 to 2.0.9.2, and a 2.0.7x to 2.0.9.2.

Exactly what version of XOOPS are you upgrading? and exactly which patch did you apply?

chippyash
  • 2005/4/26 8:02

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

I'm upgrading from 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.9.2 using the upgrade package xoops-2.0.7.x_to_2.0.9.2 upgrade package.

I think part of the problem is in the copy process. I viewed your tutorial and left following comment on it, repeated here for brevity;
---
I'm trying to extract the archive to a local server which doesn't have FTP running on it, by using the Gnome Nautilus file manager. If I respond to the query to replace a directory during the copy process then the directory is deleted and only the files contained in the upgrade are placed back in the directory when it is replaced. If I choose not to replace the directories then the new files are not copied in either.

I.E. there is no easy way effect the upgrade. Not sure if Windows file manager behaves in the same way.
---

If anyone knows how to acheive the required objective of getting the right files in the right place, without deleting ones that are not being overwritten, I'm sure we'd be greatful.

regards
Ashley

m0nty
Re: Upgrade 2.0.7.x to 2.0.9 - it dont work!
  • 2005/4/26 8:11

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

all files included in the upgrade patches need overwriting.. thats the idea of a patch..

if ur trying to upgrade using the full package then i could understand your question..

for common sense and logical reason, you should be able to see the file and directory structure, y not just follow it manually..

it's not difficult, but from what u have said, i think your method is more complicated and troublesome than it's worth.. can't you use a less complicated method?

Dave_L
  • 2005/4/26 9:41

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
Gnome Nautilus file manager

I suggest using the shell copy command instead:

cp -/path/to/extracted/archive/* /path/to/xoops/installation

Just make sure the paths are correct, that you have permission to overwrite all the files, and backup the XOOPS directory first.*/

chippyash
  • 2005/4/26 12:16

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks Dave,

That seems to have done the trick.

Regards
Ashley

Login

Who's Online

300 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 300

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits