Anni5166
Netscape vs. IE 6
  • 2005/4/23 15:16

• Anni5166

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/30

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or even if it is actually XOOPS related or not, but I'm going to ask anyway. I am in the middle of revamping my websiteAnni's Aussi Links I have made a new index.html and modified a theme from petitoops and it all looks lovely (or so I thought).. I did all the mods using netscape which I have only recently returned to using and then once I did the index file thought I'd better check it out in Explorer. The index.html is fine all nice and bright white with everything looking how I thought it should, but as soon as you click on enter and go into the XOOPS part of the site it looks like someone has put a transarent bluey grey haze over the top of it. I use another php script for my link indexing and have rebuilt the html template for that as well in the same theme and that side of it is nice and bright as well so I am really bamboozled. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. I have not looked at it on any other computer at this stage either as I do not have access to one at the moment so I don't know whether it might just be some local setting on my own machine, although I did try changing some of the settings in IE to no avail.

I have also just gone into the admin side in IE and everywhere that the background should be white is grey, so I have no idea what I have done.

Anni5166
Re: Netscape vs. IE 6
  • 2005/4/24 1:20

• Anni5166

• Just popping in

I see a few people have had a look at this post and I am assuming that some have gone and had a look at my site. Could anyone spare the time to post a quick reply saying yes I can see what you mean or no I can't. At least if I know that someone else can see what I'm talking about then I know it is not just my machine. Thank you

JMorris
  • 2005/4/24 5:21

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I'm running Firefox 1.0.3 and Internet Explorer 6 SP1 (on Crossover Office) on Red Hat Fedora Core 3 (Linux) and I do not see what you describe. The site looks the same whether in Firefox or in Internet Explorer.

Note: Firefox, like Netscape, is a GRE browser.

kgmetcalfe
  • 2005/4/24 5:30

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

possibly has to do with the way colors are set up in ie6 as opposed to mozzila style ( netscape fire fox mozzila)

possible is a different? color code from one to the other ( the hex code? ) i am not 100% sure about this but it is i beleive the logical choice? maybe? and there is a definite difference - the exact thing described is happening. like someone dimming the lights.

i know someone will differ...

Anni5166
  • 2005/4/24 12:33

• Anni5166

• Just popping in

Thank you both sooo much for responding. Could it be that sp2 in Internet Explorer causes it to happen as my IE is sp2 not sp1. And yes that is a great description it is just like someone dimming the lights

kgmetcalfe
  • 2005/4/24 12:42

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

i cant see sp 2 having that type of an effect. i havent seen this effect before now... personally - i would be checking the css page(s) before anything else - as i said - you look at how the hex codes are and the descriptions offered on the colors and i bet there is 1 bit off - dont ask which one - that i dont know. your best bet is to look at the hex enabled color picker - something like what is in paint shop pro or the other one by (ewww - adobe ).

kgmetcalfe
  • 2005/4/24 13:31

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

see the bit about css bugs...

Quote:

Posted by Zonk on Saturday April 23, @07:21PM
from the the-web-has-standards? dept.
Brandon writes "Looks like the IE team is trying to catch up to some of the major OS browsers. They have finally added proper PNG support and have fixed numerous CSS bugs. The full post is on The Official IEBlog." From the post: "We’re doing a lot more than this in IE7, of course, and we’re really excited that the beta release is almost here - we’re looking forward to the feedback when we release the first beta of IE7 this summer. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to beta."

http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/05/04/23/2053232.shtml?tid=113&tid=95&tid=1&tid=8

Anni5166
  • 2005/4/28 15:13

• Anni5166

• Just popping in

Finally worked out what it was. In the .css the .bg opacity was set to 70 and the colour was wrong. IE must read this differently to netscape, so changed 2 entries and it appears to have fixed.

Thanx to all who posted.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits