MCTheSpartan
New on start page

I just started using xoops, and I have a few questions.
I was trying to set up the news so that it shows up on the main page. When I submit the news I select the option to have it show there, but it doesn't come up. I also tried setting the news module to be displayed as the main page, but this causes the home address to be the address of the news, and it also adds the notifications options on the bottom, and the display options on the top.
That's the main problem I'm having right now, but I'm also curious as how people suggest I set up my site. It's going to have a lot of videos, mp3s, photos and other content. Just wondering if theres any modules that're good for this, it'll require a lot of advanced group/user configuration. Thanks!

kgmetcalfe
Re: New on start page
  • 2005/4/21 5:51

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

not having multimedia stuff - here is one way though.

http://www.smartfactory.ca/modules/mydownloads/

as for the gallery...

http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=19

myAlbum-P 2.84

that is one module we are utilizing... works great.

Bassman
  • 2005/4/21 6:02

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

You can change the News configuration in the Preferences area of the News module in System Admin to remove the navigation box and the notifications.

Not sure how they remove the /modules/news here at Xoops.org, it's like that at my sites... maybe a site admin could advise?

MCTheSpartan

The news configuration worked great. But SmartMedia I don't think was exactly what I was looking for, it was looking for a link to media. What's the best way to add a media section, giving only one group upload access, and some sections only visible to certain groups.

kgmetcalfe
  • 2005/4/21 20:02

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

administration panel

system admin

groups - you can alter the originals or add your own to it...

also you can use / modify user ranks as well...

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits