LazyBadger
Development funding - RFF draft

Idea was stolen somewhere in talks...
RFF is abbreviated "Request For Funds" term and means changing in inverse direction "challenge-responce" protocol of funded development. Instead of "I want and will pay ":
developer (designer, graphic artist) writes up a spec/requirements doc/idea for some development, and then also estimates how much time/money it would take to get it built. People then donate, and when the estimated money level is reached, the developer builds the code.

LazyBadger
Re: Development funding - RFF draft

Hate to do it, but...
Bump! Any comments from interested parties?

Herko
Re: Development funding - RFF draft
  • 2005/4/21 9:49

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Interesting idea I support the notion of paid added value services for XOOPS (development, design, customisation, implementation, hosting, support etc.). In fact, I think that this is the way to go for XOOPS.

There is only one thing I don't like about your RFF idea, and that is that it is developer initiated. If a developer has an idea and wants to create this to make it real, he should not ask for funds, but for clients that are willing to commission him/her for this work. These clients can then put out an RFF, and offer participants a say in the design specs (adding features, or other wishes). When these clients (participants) have generated the funds, the developer can create the module or feature.

Basically this is the same process as you described, but the major difference is that the developer is not his own client. I would like money for what I do for XOOPS too, but if nobody is waiting for this, creating it for free is the alternative option.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

360 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 360

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits