shalommemphi
Lost Password Not Working

I installed and am running the newest version XOOPS version 2.0.10 am and using the SENDMAIL function for emails. Which all seems to be working correctly. The only problem is in testing the LOST PASSWORD core function I am getting no luck. Has anyone else noticed this??

When I enter click on lost password it opens the correct page /user.php#lost so I can enter my email but then it just goes to this page /lostpass.php but the screen remains blank.

Any ideas??

jdseymour
Re: Lost Password Not Working

If it is a blank page, turn on PHP debug to get the error message.

shalommemphi

I get this error in the blank page

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xoops_create_token() in /hsphere/local/home/halalan/shalommemphis.jewishmix.com/xoops/lostpass.php on line 90

shalommemphi

I just uploaded and installed the XOOPS 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.10 RC I was using the beta versin. For whatever reason that appears to have fixed part of it.

I do get the page now that says:
Confirmation Mail for ShalomMemphis mailed.

I also get a email that says this

You can get your new password by clicking on the link below:
I click on the link and it only takes me back to the LOST PASSWORD WINDOW.

I never get a new password or anyway to change password. Its like a endless loop!!

Any help would be appreciated.

shalommemphi

I never get the redirect window that says... YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN MAILED! It just goes directly to the login window and NO EMAIL EVER ARRIVES WITH A NEW PASSWORD if that helps anyone.. Need this to work so I can go LIVE with my site.

http://shalommemphis.jewishmix.com/xoops/

Is my site if it helps to see whats going on.

shalommemphi

Still not sure whats wrong, When I click on the LOST PASSWORD...and fill in my email address and click the submit button. I get this window for a moment that says this.

Confirmation Mail for ShalomMemphis mailed.

I do get a email sent, that even says:

A web user from 24.92.89.86 has just requested a new password for your account at Shalom Memphis.
You can get your new password by clicking on the link below:

With a link, but when I click the link a page pops up that says "Taking you back to where you were" and I am back at the log in window/lost password window.

I NEVER GET THE EMAIL THAT GIVES ME A NEW TEMPORARY PASSWORD>.. PLEASE DESPERATE WITH SOME IDEAS>>NEED TO TAKE SITE LIVE A.S.A.P. AND THIS IS THE HOLDUP!!!!!!!

mattr
  • 2005/4/6 14:19

• mattr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/26

DITTO.
I am in the exact same position. The email I get to reset password just brings me back to the "lost password" screen and nowhere is there an indication that I can reset the password.

I should add that I am running XOOPS 2.0.10, PHPmail, and php 4+.

I too am briging up a site and need this function.

Anyone??????

Thanks!

Mithrandir

Quote:
NEED TO TAKE SITE LIVE A.S.A.P. AND THIS IS THE HOLDUP!!!!!!!

A RC version means Release Candidate - it is not recommended for production websites.

shalommemphi

Okay, well my oversight on the "RC", I was using the prior beta one too, I guess I just thought this was the final release, got excited and updated it.

However, with that said, and all else is working does someone have a FIX for this small problem. I would greatly appreaciate any assistance in this.

Mithrandir

I will definitely look at it either tomorrow or during Friday.

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits