• fbs777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/9 4

I cant access the link

http://mysite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups

Just show:

"406 Not Acceptable

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /modules/system/admin.php could not be found on this server."

I see others in forum with same problem. In their cases, many was resolved by the host server, but my host server say is not possible change the security level because changing may cause security issues on server...

When i was using the phpnuke the groups & permissions worked fine, so i think this is a problem in how the lines of groups in admin.php are writen

All i want to know is: How and what i can modify in the admin.php to work fine the link for groups & permissions? I know, the 406 error is a little uncommon, but some people have the same problem in some host servers... In my case the only way to use the permissions options is editing the admin.php, but i dont have any idea of what and how i must edit...

im using the XOOPS 2.0.9.2

irmtfan
Re: Error 406 in "groups & permissions"
  • 2005/3/2 9:26

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

please search in forums with "Error 406" and "system/admin.php?fct=groups" keywords and you will find some similar topics

fbs777
  • 2005/3/2 10:44

• fbs777

• Just popping in

I know, i told this before:

"I see others in forum with same problem. In their cases, many was resolved by the host server, but my host server say is not possible change the security level because changing may cause security issues on server..."

I dont see anyone telling how/what to edit the admin.php to work without depends the host server attitude...

skalpa
  • 2005/3/2 12:33

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:
In their cases, many was resolved by the host server, but my host server say is not possible change the security level because changing may cause security issues on server...

?? It's related to your server configuration, but has nothing to do with its "security level". If I remember correctly, this is due to the apache content-negociation mechanism, so I guess you can fix this by disabling the MultiViews options in your install.
If your server supports adding .htaccess files, try creating one in your XOOPS root folder, and put the following line in it:
Options -MultiViews

It should disable content negociation and fix your problem. If you can't change this option using .htaccess, you can try asking this to your hosting company (as I said, this won't change how your server is secure).

skalpa.>

fbs777
  • 2005/3/2 17:56

• fbs777

• Just popping in

About security i just write what the host company say to me, i really dont know about why this problem exist.

I put the line in the .htaccess on XOOPS root folder but dont change anything:

php_flag   register_globals   off
Options 
-MultiViews

The first line is because the protector module.

I tried too:
php_flag   register_globals   off
Options 
-MultiViews off

but this cause error 500.

i clean up the cache and cookies before test.

red_Slider

I've spend last two nights to solve this problem ...
wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and I foun it!!!!!
there's no problem with data base!
there's no problem with XOOPS files!
there's no problem with .htacces!

so where it is?
in IE
(look on to down of screen in your IE there must be a "page with restictions" double click on in then change access on cookies to the domain)

my personal way to this great discovery:

1. complete XOOPS instalation (1st XOOPS intalation + 1st db)
2. loged into site
3. there was problem to login into admin site

4. I tryed to work with another db (2nd on other server) - the same problem
5. workinng on another instalation(2nd XOOPS instalation + 1st db - no problem - so the problem was in server (rememer - not only host but domain too)
6. there was no .htacces file, so I created it, tryin allmost everytking with it - vieving, php ver etc - no response
7. checking all directories and files chmods .. everything was ok
8. cleanig 1000 times cache, templates_c folders wrr
9. checking site in firefox, and then! no problems
10. and then I saw it - on the bottom of the IE - site with restriction ...

then step as I wrote on beginning - and there's no problems fellows!

WE ALL FORGOT ABOUT COOKIES

PS on the 4th anniversary ...eh XOOPS BLESS YOU ALL ;)

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits