filesiteguy
Anycone Convert from PHPbb to Xoops recently?

I did a search and really didn't find much, so forgive me if this question is asked a million times a day...

...one of my websites - www.filesite.org - runs under PHPbb with Integramod (www.integramod) performing much of the "hack" actions.

Having used XOOPS for almost a year now on my personal forum and on a few development sites, I'd say that I like the interface better. In addition, the coding of addons in PHPbb proper is terrribly difficult, whereas XOOPS provides a nice safe structure for add-ons.

That said, has anybody recently converted their PHPbb forums to be XOOPS based? I'd need to be able to migrate users, posts and PMs.

In addition I'd need a Mail to Forum function as in (http://www.mail2forum.com/), since I use this to import messages from a mail list.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

pgregory
Re: Anycone Convert from PHPbb to Xoops recently?
  • 2005/2/24 17:25

• pgregory

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/30

I recently switched from phpBB2 to Xoops. I wrote my own Python script (very hacky) to do a one-off conversion of the database. It only converts users and forums/posts. I had to make a couple of small hack's to the XoopsCode PHP code to support a derivative of phpBB2's list tags.

The code is horrible, but worked for me, if you want it as a starting point, just ask. Totally unsupported of course.

Cheers

PaulG

filesiteguy

Hmm, I'll look into it. I might just take you up on your offer. :)

m0nty
  • 2005/2/25 20:20

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

or you could use the already ported phpbb forum for xoops.. which is based on phpbb 2.0.1.1 and is available over athttp://www.bbpixel.com

there's also converters to convert from original standalone phpbb to XOOPS phpbb version..

nicolas_e
  • 2005/3/25 3:20

• nicolas_e

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/1 2

i can't find this scrip or another.
Somebody that has it or has some like passing of a site phpbb to another one in XOOPS without losing data.
tnx.

karedokx
  • 2005/3/25 4:29

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

it might be a very late reply, filesiteguy. you are asking about mail/mailing list to forum module, as far as i know the only person/project team working on it (for xoops) is dannyblue. 1-2 months ago he has just release the rc4 version (and it has had the bbpixel's phpbb integration in it).

i read one of his post several months ago (in this forum) where he is looking for some help in establishing the XOOPS admin screens for the module. that's the area where his module will be still lack of i think. not sure, haven't test the module myself.

regarding the phpbb to XOOPS conversion, nicolas_e i think the best one at this stage is to use bbpixel's x-phpbb. go find the faq in XOOPS faq area.

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 184

Mamba,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!