evylrat
Locating Imagemagick
  • 2005/2/24 10:31

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/25

I've asked my host, and they've given me paths to both Imagemagick and Netpbm, but putting those paths into NewBB returns an error. Using AutoDetect, it picks up Imagemagick no problem. Great! But I need to know this path for XCGAL to get that working properly.

Is there a way to show the AutoDetected path?

tedsmith
Re: Locating Imagemagick
  • 2005/2/24 12:55

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I have had this problem and can and can't help. Firslty, I have my own personnal site hosted by a web hosting company (Lost-Doggies UK) and I host an XOOPS site on our server at work for my team using Windows Server 2003, IIS6 etc.

NewBB2 on my personnal site did not detect either ImageMagick or NetPBM at first despite being told to auto-detect, but NewBB still worked OK. So I just left it. After about 3 weeks, odly enough, NewBB then showed that it had detected the imageing programs. Not sure why it took so long, but it did eventually auto-detect them. I also asked my host company what the path of these programs are, and I was told by them that there is no path as such, and it is just detcted by the server? I took there word for it, until...

In the case of my work Intranet site - I've installed ImageMagick but cannot work out how to tell any module (MyAlbum and NewBB2 included) what the actual path to ImageMagick is. I know that it is on the server under c:\program files\imagemagick, but you can't tell XOOPS modules a path like that (well I can't anyway). I tried it, and it didn't work. If you use Linux, you can give it the /usr/.../ paths OK apparently.

I've asked the question on Peak.ne.jp/xoops and was advised to try out NetPBM instead. I never have found out how you give an XOOPS module a windows server path. I've asked that question here at XOOPS somewhere but I don't think it was ever answered.

evylrat
  • 2005/2/24 13:15

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

you've asked the question? oops, I've had that running on my home server for over a year! I installed Imagemagick under c:\htdocs\bin\imagemagic next to the website and it worked fine.
I have the path from the provider, but it's wrong, 'cos it doesn't work. GD2 it is then. I'm not too familiar with Linux stuff, so this is all a bit new to me since I'm shutting down the home hosting.

evylrat
  • 2005/2/24 13:18

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

In fact, you can still see it working on
http://dev.cheshair.homedns.org/

Newbb & XCgal - C:/htdocs/bin/imagemagick

Hosted on Windows XP

McJagger
  • 2005/2/24 14:08

• McJagger

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/11

If you're using linux, "whereis" is your friend on the console ;)

tedsmith
  • 2005/2/24 14:27

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Not using Linux unfortunately.

I've tried both c:\Program Files\ImageMagick and C:/Program Files/ImageMagick and in my case neither of them work (not with MyAlbum or NewBB2).

evylrat
  • 2005/2/24 14:33

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

what about C:/Program%20Files/ImageMagick

Terminal eh? I think it's about time to ask for shell access. that would make CHMODing much easier too.

tedsmith
  • 2005/2/24 14:40

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Nope, unfortunaelty that doesn't work either. I've tried both modules using both \ and / and the %20 in the space. No go.

McJagger
  • 2005/2/24 15:11

• McJagger

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/11

I'm not sure, but possibly the Windows distribution uses a bin folder, so try c:\program files\imagemagic\bin

tedsmith
  • 2005/2/24 17:28

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks, but no, that hasn't worked either.

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits