samwell
The Email System doesn't seem to work.
  • 2005/2/23 22:02

• samwell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/16

The contact form and user registration doesn't seem to work. If people register I no longer get an activation email. If they use the contact form to send me a message, I never receive the email. This all happened abrupty. In the meantime, i have disactivated user registration until I find a solution. Does anyone know any possibilities of what the matter is?

dionesku
Re: The Email System doesn't seem to work.
  • 2005/2/23 22:08

• dionesku

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/23

Perhaps your ISP changed the email settings and forgot to tell you

samwell
  • 2005/2/23 22:35

• samwell

• Just popping in

i'm pretty certain that the problem lies within xoops. I just changed the admin email address, to my gmail account. And it still wouldn't send me anything. I checked the server (through cpanel) for any server issues, and there seems to be none. Although, it could be a php problem, no? I'm not a programmer, so i don't know this stuff.

samwell
  • 2005/2/23 22:47

• samwell

• Just popping in

I just changed the mail settings to SMTP, and it works. I'm assuming there is something wrong with a PHP setting at my host. Oh well.

ManXP
Re: The Email System doesn
  • 2005/2/25 9:45

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

No, there is everytyhing ok with your host. XOOPS has this problem and no one is able to fix it. Hundreds of complains in the forums and bug still exist. So it's not your host problem.

You can make a test - install any other cms or whatever (which uses phpmail function) and i'm 110% sure it will work.

ManXP
  • 2005/2/25 9:55

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

If we talk about hosts...

I had XOOPS installed on server1. Mail worked fine. Then removed XOOPS and made a fresh installation on server1 again. Mail didn't work anymore. Moved website to server2 - doesn't work too.

I think, a bug is in XOOPS installation, because sometimes it works after installing and sometimes not. Just my opinion

Marco
  • 2005/3/21 20:21

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

I've the same problem
and funny, mail are sending correctly if you use admin feature "send mail to users"
and don't understand why it's not working anymore
it worked a few XOOPS version before...
any idea ?
marco

therock
  • 2005/3/22 22:40

• therock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 2

The same error for me too. I have problem whit the wfchannel "refer page" function, I got a error message when sending the link whit mail.
I can also use the function "send email to users" but whit the registration it seams to be a problem because my users tell me about that.

talunceford

I am not sure what error you guys are referring too. I have installed XOOPS many many times and I have yet to experience any problems with the mail delivery system. The only time it doesn't work is when my mail server decides to crap out.

What type of mail server does your host use.

Marco
  • 2005/3/24 18:38

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

hello

it worked for me for prior versions, I mean 2.0.7.x version
I can remember that 2.0.9.x series moved some phpmailer files, and then moved back them....
I'm using 2.0.9.2, and have still pb with sending message with liaise and contact module...
but it works if I send a message to all users through XOOPS admin....
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

marco

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits