ReySolar
Interior pages
  • 2005/2/23 3:17

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

Anyone knows if I can use the file mypage.zip to make interior pages in my xoops's site? And if the answer is yes, in which folder it is supposed to be unzipped and uploaded?
Thanks again and again

ReySolar

JasonMR
Re: Interior pages
  • 2005/2/23 3:30

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

you have your answer in the other thread, please don't post unnecessary questions, there are many answers in the FAQ, and in these forums. Please read them before posting.

We like to help if someon is in trouble, but when obvious questions are asked, people get tired of helping.....

No hard feelings

ReySolar
  • 2005/2/24 18:15

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks but I don't think it's obvius. I read the FAQ and didn't find the corresponding answer. I read the Operation Guide and didn't understand that point. In the forum, some people say that it's not possible to create interior pages and other explain it too difficult to me.
I beg your perdon but I insist: anyone can tell me how can I create interior pages in my xoops's site?
Thanks a lot

ReySolar

Staren
  • 2005/2/25 7:14

• Staren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

Well first off what do you mean by "interior pages"? I don't think I've seen that term before. If you mean a static page such as an about us or Terms of Service type page that won't be changed a whole lot then yes. That would be a good module to use.

ReySolar
  • 2005/2/25 19:20

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks Staren for your answer. I explain you:

I'm building my news agency's site and I need to subdivide the news module at the center of the front page into top news and secondary news, as it was a newspaper's cover. Meanwhile I realize how to do it, I create left and right blocks to place the news of culture (sections spectacles, books, fashion) and current news (general information, policy, sports), and I intend to create interior pages to place the complete text of these sections, linked to these blocks or create a menu or label buttons. But I dont't know how to do it.

The news will be updates minute by minute. So I need dinamic interior pages, no static ones. Now I'm using the pages that I create in my other group, a msn group, but it's a little crazy.

If you want to see my site in construction, the URL is www.periodistas-online.com.ar. The news are in spanish, but I'm sure you'll understand the problem. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

ReySolar

carnuke
  • 2005/2/25 21:32

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I'm also puzzled by your term 'interior pages' but I visited your site and I'm guessing what you want is to open the news stories WITHIN your XOOPS website, not as a separte page, is that correct??

If this is the case, some people would not consider this very ethical as it page wraps another site's content.

If you were to do this, the easiest method is to use an iframe in a custom block, give it a name and target all your links to that iframe.

Some sites will employ iframe breakers to prevent you doing this however.

There is a FAQ about iframes in the modifying customising section.

Hope I'm on the right track ???

ReySolar
  • 2005/2/25 23:19

• ReySolar

• Not too shy to talk

Hi carnuke... I'm also puzzled by your post. Thanks for your pacience. It´s difficult to explain for me but I'll try once more:

Meanwhile I realize how to divide the news module at less into two or three parts (top, center and bottom, for example or top, left center, right center and bottom), I need to link some left and rigt custom blocks to pages I can create into (or within?) my xoops's site and not out of it, in other site of mine I mean, as in fact groups.msn.com/periodistasonline.

For example, can I create www.periodistas-online.com.ar/modules/news/espectaculos.php or html to place the complet text and imagen of the news that is in a left block at the front page of www.periodistas-online.com.ar?

Do you understand me, now?

Thanks

ReySolar

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits