rh94040
xoopspoll module bug?
  • 2005/2/21 17:00

• rh94040

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/13

Hi, I created a poll using xoopspoll. When I tried it myself the first time, my vote was recorded. If I tried it again immediately, it said I had already voted for the day. Great.

But a couple days later when I tried it again, I got the same message that I had already voted for the day, which was not true. It was my own laptop so nobody else had used it to vote in the same poll.

I tried it from my desktop, and the same happened. Sometimes
I would be allowed to cast another vote after a couple days, sometimes not.

Has anybody noticed this issue? How does xoopspoll track that I had already voted? I mean, first I voted as a visitor. Then I logged in a user and voted as that user, and got the "already voted" message too. Seems the tracking is based on the server address only, and there is something wrong with the timestamp? Tracking via the server address is inherently wrong becausee all machines from our office go out through the same proxy.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Ray

m0nty
Re: xoopspoll module bug?
  • 2005/2/21 17:51

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

that's how it is supposed to work..

if you are logged in, then it's 1 vote per user.. not by day or week.. it's 1 vote only..

if u allow anonymous votes, then it checks by IP.. so if u vote 1 day then that's it for that IP address..

if a few days later you check (maybe ur IP is dynamic) then you could vote if not logged in if you have a different IP..

rh94040
Re: xoopspoll module bug?
  • 2005/3/1 23:26

• rh94040

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/13

the question I think is how you count one vote per user. for anonymous votes, if you just track the IP, you could treat an entire company of 100 people all using the same Web proxy as
only one vote.

Login

Who's Online

477 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 477

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits