centaurmyst
Get blank page when clicking on "View Account"....
  • 2005/2/16 21:43

• centaurmyst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

I've gone through every admin and module menu trying to figure out why this is happening and still haven't been able to find the problem. I can't access anyone's profiles...not even my own. Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening. I don't get any error message, just a blank page that keeps reloading over and over again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

brash
Re: Get blank page when clicking on "View Account"....
  • 2005/2/16 23:03

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Have your tried enabling any of the debug modes in XOOPS admin to see if it does produce errors?

centaurmyst
  • 2005/2/17 2:40

• centaurmyst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

I tried that before I went to work earlier and it showed database queries but no errors. I serached the subject and noticed there was an issue with SmartSection, which I am using. So I uploaded the updated version which is supposed to fix this problem, updated it and it still isn't working properly. I'm able to search members and edit my profile, too. The only issue is with Viewing Accounts. It just goes to a blank page and keeps reloading. I've run check and repair the database too, and it didn't help. I'm wondering if I might have permissions set wrong on something to make this happen. I also recently uploaded and installed Myxlinks, if that is relevent. I'm at a loss here. Viewing accounts was working fine a few days ago, and I uninstalled everything but SmartSection, so I'm guessing the problem has something to do with that. However, I updated the module with the version that is supposed to fix this particular bug, and it just isn't working for me.

mpowell
  • 2005/2/17 4:05

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

Make sure that there is nothing after the closing ?> in mainfile.php. No empty lines, no carriage returns, nothing. Then save, reupload (make sure mainfile.php is writable on the server before you reupload), chmod to 444 and you're set to go.

This fault happened to me after making some changes to mainfile.php using the cpanel editor, even though I am certain I did not add any extra spaces or characters after the closing tag.

The above is from the FAQ on this issue but this happens to me every time I modify mainfile.php with cpanel unless I just happen to remember to check to make sure there is nothing after the closing ?>.

pmhoran
  • 2005/2/17 16:25

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

Thank you mpowell

I was having the same problem with View Account.

There did not appear to be anything after ?> in the mainfile.php ... but I dropped the cursor down and hit the delete button a few times until I knew there was nothing after ?>. I uploaded the file again and PRESTOthe danged thing is working again.

Who da thunk??

Thanks again
Peter

Jyotirmaya
  • 2005/5/23 11:18

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/10

I am having exactly the same problem BUTWHEN I REMOVE EVERYTHING AT THE END OF MAINFILE.PHP - NOTHING HAPPENS
I still cannot view the profiles - there did not seem to be anything after ?> anyway.

I recently installed the membership module which allows you to customise registration form details, but found it inelegant, so uninstalled it again. The problem seems to have started shortly after that.

Help me obi-wan............

Jyotirmaya
  • 2005/5/23 11:30

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

I just upgraded from 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.10 This sorted some other problems out, but not this particular issue.

PHP debug shows no errors

bluenova

Check user.php as well

Jyotirmaya
  • 2005/5/23 11:54

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

Checked user.php - still no change....

will try reinstalling membership module - I had version 0.6 installed - I see on the dev site they have released version 0.9 which may just be useable.......

Jyotirmaya
  • 2005/5/23 12:11

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

Just reinstalled the membership module and that had no effect on this problem.

Help...... website is www.proutlog.org

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits