Poslanik
A few "basic" questions
  • 2005/2/11 18:28

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Ok, here they are:

1. Is there a forum module which can be installed to the XOOPS cms, which would make a forum inside it?

2. Are themes on this site reffered as templates in the control panel of the XOOPS cms? If so, I can only upload .tar templates, is there a manual way of installing themes? Like copy them in one of the folders...

3. Is there a way I can put the current member number to the portal? Like in the members block, so it would display the number of current members somewhere within?

4. Where can I post news and new articles?

Mithrandir
Re: A few "basic" questions

1. Yes, it's called newbb and is included in the full XOOPS package. However, a newer version is available from dev.xoops.org

2. No, themes are not referred to as templates. What is a theme and what is a template?

3. Yes, but it'll take a little coding

4. By using the News module, it is included in the full XOOPS package. However, a newer version is available from dev.xoops.org

Poslanik
  • 2005/2/11 19:05

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

Hmm, I thought I downloaded the full version?? Could you give me the link of the full version then?

Also,

in that News module I can also submit Articles and make categories and stuff like that? How can I install new themes?

Poslanik
  • 2005/2/11 20:01

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

By the way, I got the lates available version, 2.0.9.2 and I still can't find the function to add news/articles plus all buch of other commands. All I have at admin panel is System Configuration, that's all.

:______:

Sorry, I didn't see I have to install them first, my bad.

But I still don't understand how to manage new themes.

JasonMR
  • 2005/2/11 20:43

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Please look into the left sidebar of this page. You will see something that XOOPS referes to as block, actually there are multiple blocks, but I am refering to a specific block named "Documentation".

Click on the links provided in this block and read the documentation provided.

I especially recommend A Visual Introduction to XOOPS, as well as the XOOPS FAQ, which should be the most proficient assistence in your current situation.

Thank You!

Poslanik
  • 2005/2/12 11:13

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

How come there isn't a function remember me at login? Strange... ppl get bored entering their password every day all the time? Is there's a module to fix that?

jensclas

After looking at the documents recomended by Jason MR you then need to look at XoopsFAQ and you asked about Quote:
How come there isn't a function remember me at login?

This is a topic that comes up often enough that a search on 'rememberme' using the search function on this site will return you results with what you are looking for. Be sure to search subject and body. If you then don't fine the answer ask again in a new post - this question is now lost in the subject header which is very non specific.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits