m5
Giving registered users rights to post news
  • 2005/2/10 23:20

• m5

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/8

How do i give certain registered users to be able to post news without approval? i tried playing around with it, but only thing i can get working is either allow ALL registered users to post new or none (without approval).

anybody know of a way?

thank you

JasonMR
Re: Giving registered users rights to post news
  • 2005/2/11 1:03

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Create a special group for those users you want to give Module Access Right to, and transfer those people into that group.

netwrk219
  • 2005/2/11 13:49

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

OK, so you create a new group and put people with module access in that group...can you give them different levels of module access, or are the choices total access or no access?

On my site, Ill have writers, editors, admins and then registered users and anonymous users.

Each group should have a different level of access, since some people will only be writing stories, others will be approving and deleting, as well as administrating the content and then there are those who can alter the look fo the site and the overall content access.

Mithrandir

News 1.2.1 allows for per-group permissions to be applied to topics and grant approve access to certain groups, submit access to the same and/or other groups - and even view permissions, too.

m0nty
  • 2005/2/11 14:04

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

in short no you can't give different levels unfortunately, but that depends on the news module you use..

i think AMS has an option & also news 1.2.1 to select different permissions such as approve and submit, but not to the extent you may want..

also i think creating the new group.. for them to get admin access that group needs to have at least 1 permission set for system admin access (usually find users is the best to use) otherwise they won't be able to access the admin part of the module..

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits