meldra
xDirectory premium listings url display problem
  • 2005/2/9 1:23

• meldra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 9

Hi,

I have an issue with xDirectory. It is the Australian hack I submitted here, but the problem exists with the ordinary xDirectory version (as shown here) also in the module repository.

The problem is this.

premium option 1 - weblink: Weblink appears in listing.

premium option 2 - highlight: Highlighted in yellow, weblink absent.

premium option 3 - highlight + weblink: Highlighted in yellow, weblink appears in category listing, but not in single listing.

premium option 4 - sponsored: Listed in sponsored section highlighted yellow, ordinary position without highlight and weblink absent.

premium option 5 - sponsored + weblink: Listing colorations as above, weblink still absent in both category listing and single listing, but visible in sponsored listing(highlighted one in sponsored section at top of category page).

I checked the SQL and everything is as it should be in here. It appears to be how the information is being interpreted.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it, could they please explain how they fixed it?

--Meldra

p.s. I do not actually know much php (aussie hack was made purely by logical changing of word instances ;) so basically it was something anyone could have done).

[Edit: more details]

meldra
Re: xDirectory premium listings url display problem
  • 2005/2/10 10:44

• meldra

• Just popping in

I really did not want to be a post-bumper, but I am getting quite frustrated. I have continued to try figure out how to get the URL's to display, but have not had any luck, probably due to the fact I know very very little php.

Is there anyone using xDirectory who had this problem and has fixed it? I find it hard to believe that there isn't as there has been 1659 downloads of the original and now 52 downloads of the Australian hacked version. Someone out of these 1700+ users must have noticed the problem and fixed it.

I beg you, if you have fixed this problem in your own copies then please, please enlighten the rest of us.

meldra
  • 2005/2/10 13:41

• meldra

• Just popping in

Ok, I finally figured out I was barking up the wrong tree by trying to fix the problem in the .php files. The issue was in the templates

/me slaps her forhead and says "DOH!"

Anyway, I have the urls showing up in the right listings all the time...but now the category sponsors aren't showing up... :(

Lets see if I can solve this little problem too.

meldra
  • 2005/2/11 10:02

• meldra

• Just popping in

I had made a confliction within the premium links template. Sponsored listings work again now.

I'll submit updates for both xdirectory and xdirectoryoz :)

jfmoore
  • 2005/2/15 22:08

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

I would be interested in the changes.

JFM

krystinevo

I'd be interested as well....

meldra
  • 2005/2/25 16:08

• meldra

• Just popping in

Sorry for the absence. School started again etc...

I emailed the updated versions to Mithrandir on the 11th. Either something happened in transit or he hasn't had time to update yet, because the email is sitting happily in my sent items.

Until the update happens, those wanting the updated version, pm me with an email addy for me to send the package to and specify if you want xDirectory or xDirectoryOz

Meldra

Ryder
  • 2005/9/10 2:28

• Ryder

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/10

I would also be interested in your changes as the same is happening to me.
Thx

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits