kavaXtreme
No-show Modules
  • 2005/1/30 9:31

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

• Since: 2005/1/17

I recently installed (and re-installed and re-installed) iMenu and ThemeChanger, but they don't show up on my module admin page. I've never had this problem before. Other modules seem to install fine. Can someone tell me how to get them to work? The readmes aren't in English.

kiwiguy
Re: No-show Modules
  • 2005/1/30 9:42

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Silly question have you set the group permissions??

kiwiguy

carnuke
  • 2005/1/30 10:43

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Have you seen This FAQ about this kind of problem?

kavaXtreme
  • 2005/2/1 10:48

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

Two more modules have been added to my list of unistallables: xLink and AMS. At the same time, I've installed other modules with absolutely no problem.

I'd missed the FAQ since I was looking for it in the modules section. I'd recommend putting a link to it there as well. It was the most helpful info I'd found so far on the subject, but no luck so far. I thought it might be conflicting moduels, so I uninstalled any likely suspect, but again to no avail.

I did also double-check group permissions, and all seems to be in order.

Big_H
  • 2005/2/6 21:34

• Big_H

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/19

I have the same problem and I solved it.

As a webmaster ( so I should have te right permissions) I upload the modules on the server.

On the admin-page modules the newly uploaded modules should show up and ready to install. But this is not happening.

I put on php debug and it showed that the module rss gave a php bug:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/huigsloot.tk/www/modules/rss/language/nederlands/modinfo.php on line 21

I don't know what it means, but after deleting the module from the server the modules all show up on the admin page.

kavaXtreme
  • 2005/2/7 8:31

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

I finally got my problem solved too. After uninstalling almost every module, I finally figured out that iMenu was my problem. When I uninstalled it things started working as expected. From what I've managed to glean, iMenu has been superceeded by MultiMenu anyhow, so I'll be going with that. (All this leads me to believe the Module Repository could use some work.)

Ozymandias
  • 2005/2/8 21:05

• Ozymandias

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 2

I have had no trouble with modules until downloading (newbb). *mainly due to wanting the POSTTONEWS option*. I can not see it in the ADMIN->MODULES area in the lower listing to be installed.

(Q: Is (newbb) a module - or does it replace (forums) in the root directory?)

I ran the debug as suggested above, and it showed some issues with MEDIASHOW & a COUNTER. I uninstalled both and deleted both off the server as well.

kava - did you delete/upload the desired modules to the server again after deleting the iMenu? Or did did you just refresh the admin page and the modules finally appeared below ?

Also, did you run DEBUG and see iMenu as a problem, or did it not appear and you just figured it out by systematic deduction via uninstall ?

-I'll keep chipping away in the mean time in hopes I get a fast response and hopefully save some headache.

Many Thanks.

Ozymandias
  • 2005/2/11 19:01

• Ozymandias

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 2

Bump

Still having the problem. I've uploaded 5 new modules that all show in the INSTALL section - but no matter what I do I can't get the NEWBB module to show up. I uninstalled ALL of the modules I've added post-initial install - wiped them from the server - reuploaded & reinstalled. newbb is in the right spot - but will not showup so I can install it.

Any thoughts?

I really dig the NewBB boards and would like to help get the word out by using them.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits