Totoro
Newbb 2.0.1 : A little feature is still missing when deleting users
  • 2005/1/25 10:16

• Totoro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/1 2

Hello

Did you notice that when a user is deleted, the posts he's made are then posted by "Anonymous" when you read them ?

It is because the "poster_name" field of the MySQL "_bb_posts" is not filled when the user is deleted.

When the user is still present, I guess the newbb routines get the "uid" info to show the name of the poster. But when the poster is deleted, the "uid" info of the "_users" table doesn't exist anymore.

By default, the "poster_name" field of the "_bb_posts" is always empty. If it could be filled by the name of the user (when the user is deleted, or when a post is created ?), the name of the user would appear in the forums whereas he's deleted.

You should say : "you know how it works, do it by yourself" ... yes, but I don't know php dev.

Could anymone help me creating this little feature ?

Thanx in advance

Totoro
Re: Newbb 2.0.1 : A little feature is still missing when deleting users
  • 2005/2/7 8:45

• Totoro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/1 2

nobody ? it's sad ... :(

Herko
  • 2005/2/7 9:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Hmm.. tit has got something to do with the privacy rules, I guess. When someone opts for a removal of his/her account, all information pertaining their profile has to be removed. Keeping the info in the database and displaying it on the site does not conform to these rules...

Perhaps adding an option to 'keep my history' when I delete my account could solve this. Then the user profile will still exist in the database, but is set to inactive (or a new status called 'removed'). This also opens up the possibility of adding a 'suspended' status to the user list, that can be used by admins and moderators to suspend an abuser.

Herko

dillywilly7

My problem is i try to delete a topic it says deleted i go back to the forums and its still there!,Ive tried this many times

m0nty
  • 2005/2/8 22:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

dillywilly7 wrote:
My problem is i try to delete a topic it says deleted i go back to the forums and its still there!,Ive tried this many times

stop PRESS!!!

we're on newbb 2.0.2 now, the deleting posts/topics was corrected.. try using the new version..

also you may find the FAQ or the search function a good feature on this site.. (i say FAQ section as your problem may also be due to having cache enabled for the module)

dillywilly7

Thats what i have i dont have trouble with deleting posts but i cnat delete some stupid topics people have made.

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits