kiwiguy
Duplication of Blocks (Unwanted)
  • 2005/1/24 0:57

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I have come accross double blocks in my groups and blocks section of my admin panel such as 2 of these listed

theme
recent comments
recent topics
main menu
user menu

and so on and so on I have deleted all my templates from the templates_c folder and empty my cache in the cache folder and still this does not help does anybody have any idea what could of happened and how to solve this.

thanks in advance

kiwiguy

jdseymour
Re: Duplication of Blocks (Unwanted)

Hi Kiwiguy,

I believe that was a bug introduced in the 2.0.9 upgrade. 2.0.9.2 squashed the bug and the developers are still working on a fix to safely remove the duplicates.

A workaround that works for me is to clone my templates, delete all the duplicated templates in the clone then regenerate them. Then I have the proper number of templates, but are listed in red.

Draven
  • 2005/1/24 3:43

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

If you are feeling brave and have access to PHPmyAdmin look in the following tables for duplicates.

xoops_newblocks - this is the table that holds the block info

xoops_tplsource - this stores the templates for the blocks

xoops_tplfile - this holds the link for the template file to it's module

xoops_block_module_link - this holds the info for the link between the block and it's parent module.

BE WARNED you can seriously damage your XOOPS install if you delete the wrong rows. Just be very observent of the rows and their ID's and you'll see the common denominators.

jdseymour

Thanks for the tip Draven. Maybe I will spend some time this coming weekend studying this. With backups of course.

kiwiguy
  • 2005/1/24 4:54

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I feel brave I think i have super human powers but if i come back crying you know whats happened LOL

Nah I make a backup of my database first then do it if i stuff it I should be able to re upload the backed up database and all should be fine and dandy.

wish me luck

kiwiguy

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits