dillywilly7
A phpbb for the new xoops

Please can someone make phpbb forum for the new XOOPS i think the look is much better i would really! apreciater it thanks!

ackbarr
Re: A phpbb for the new xoops

dillywilly7

Ok neither of those work for the latest XOOPS but thanks for trying
using xoops2_mod_xphpbbi_v08_beta_december04_bdcsmc I get errors about the index page not being found i modifed the index.php to change the root directory but then i get errors about common.php not being found. I chekced the cvs i havent seen any updates in 6 weeks. ANY IDEAS?!?!

nOOBert
  • 2005/1/24 19:27

• nOOBert

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 2

i have a xphpbbi working fine on the newest release.

http://www.noob-strike.net/lan

dillywilly7

GRR it wont work! ive tried everything like you can see the administration panel?

m0nty
  • 2005/1/25 21:25

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

X-phpbb works fine with XOOPS 2.0.9.2 i know this because i had to install it on 2.0.9.2 when i modified the existing core files of x-phpbb to work with XOOPS 2.0.9.2

you need to download X-phpbb from bbpixel and also download the X-phpbb 1.22 core update available in this thread >

http://forum.bbpixel.com/index.php?showtopic=1915

to install.. >

upload all files from the X-phpbb package as per the instructions.. but before proceeding with the install via XOOPS admin..

upload and overwrite the files on your server with the ones from the core update package..

then you can install it..

Peekay
  • 2005/1/25 22:39

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I am a big phpBB fan too and look forward to a module for Xoops. Am I right in thinking X-phpbb needs a separate user database from XOOPS and xphpbbi uses the same user database? I confess I haven't tried either yet.

@ dillywilly7 - excellent Penguins!

m0nty
  • 2005/1/25 22:42

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

no they both use XOOPS user base..

phpbbi is based on koudanshi's x-phpbb module, except what bd_csmc has done is try to integrate it more as a full proper module so that there's no need for editing of XOOPS core files..

so now u have 2 phpbb modules available for xoops, choose which 1 u want..

Peekay
  • 2005/1/25 22:59

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Thx m0nty. I got that wrong. (knock me through the ice)

I don't mind some code tinkering to install x-phpbb, but I would be interested to know if it is easy to update the module files. For example phpBB required a patch of one PHP file to avoid the recent problems with the Santy worm. Is the module supported in this sense?

m0nty
  • 2005/1/25 23:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

no need to code tinker.. the package itself comes with already modified core files u just have to overwrite them..

note: the x-phpbb 1.22 package was designed for XOOPS 2.0.7.3 so you'll also need the updated core files for 2.0.9.2 available from the link in my previous post..

i'm not sure if it includes the patch for santy worm, but if u have the original patch it shouldn't be too hard to make work with x-phpbb and phpbbi (it'll need some slight modification i think) i can't tell u exactly as i don't use phpbb, i only installed it originally so that i could test the updated core files as people were asking for them so that they could upgrade to 2.0.9.2..

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits