DeFormer
Removing the posted by in news
  • 2005/1/19 13:09

• DeFormer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/19

Im new to XOOPS an have been playing with it for a wile but there is one thing that I do not understand and that is when I edit a template I do not see any changes. I have flower theme and have been changing it and everyting seems to be ok exept this. I have chanced the news_item.html to
<div class="item">
  <
div class="itemHead"><span class="itemTitle"><{$story.title}>span>div>
  <
div class="itemInfo">
    <
span class="itemPostDate"><{$story.posttime}>span
  div>
  <
div class="itemBody">
    <{
$story.imglink}>
    <
class="itemText"><{$story.text}>p>
  div>
  <
div class="itemFoot">
    <
span class="itemAdminLink"><{$story.adminlink}>span> <span class="itemPermaLink"><{$story.morelink}>span>
  div>
div>

Can anyone tell me hov to do this? or what I'm doing wrong

GSake
Re: Removing the posted by in news
  • 2005/1/19 14:05

• GSake

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/30

the templates' html is written on the db - click update module from modules admin menu in order to use the changed template

otherwise you'll see the old one!

uploading the new html file won't cahnge anything without module update.

m0nty
  • 2005/1/19 15:05

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

are you editing the templates via the server or by going to templates in XOOPS admin?

if u edit the templates via the server, you would need to do as suggested and update the module for those changes to be read.. also u may need to clear templates_c folder..

the easiest way is to do it via XOOPS admin by clicking templates.. make sure to clone the default set 1st if u haven't already done so.. then goto preferences/general settings and change the default template set to the new clone you just made..

once u have a cloned set you can turn on Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? in the general settings section again.. and then edit your templates.. the changes should be noticable straight after submitting then.. (if they aren't just clear templates_c manually) and remember to turn off update module template .html files after u have finished editing..

DeFormer
  • 2005/1/21 17:56

• DeFormer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/19

Thanks guys, That was what I needed, Update the module

Login

Who's Online

335 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 335

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits