WarDick
Favorite Banner Ad Program
  • 2005/1/18 6:13

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Can anyone recommend a banner ad program that integrates well with XOOPS? I am an experienced installer / hacker but the modules are less than acceptable. Too hard to make work. Is anyone having any luck with them?

irmtfan
Re: Favorite Banner Ad Program
  • 2005/1/18 7:35

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

do you think smartpartner cant do it for you?

WarDick
  • 2005/1/18 8:04

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

Hi irmtfan,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using the smartPartners module on development sites and I am very pleased with it. But I have not discovered any advertising management resources yet. My needs are growing rapidly. I have discovered that covering news for unique markets has given me the opportunity to capitalize on profitable advertising opportunities. With google ads no management is necessary but I have profited very little from them. Highly targeted ads are very profitable especially if you rake high on the search engines. Accounting gets to be a problem!

Best wishes,

evylrat
  • 2005/1/18 9:42

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/25

Not too sure about intergration (check forums) but I use PHPAdsNew 2.0.

It's standalone, and very functional. You can see this running at my site, CheshAIR.com. It can show ads, google ads, flash (although I've not had success with flash and links working).

The code for the ads can be put into a block and be added to the permissions. On my site, only guests see the ads, they are not visible to registered users, although I may change that if I can make the ads less intrusive, like living down the right hand side of the screen away from main text.

WarDick
  • 2005/1/19 17:07

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

Thanks for the tip. I had not tried version 2.0 until now. I believe a solution is at hand.

Check out the user manual I believe you can solve you flash linkage problem.

Installation is a breeze now.

bbgds
  • 2005/2/3 7:30

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

I like phpadsnew also (although they recently put out a new release, so I believe 2.0 is outdated now.)

There was also a phpadsnew module, but I couldn't get it to work. The stand alone seems to work just fine tho.

twitaman
  • 2005/2/13 17:46

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

I'm interested in utilizing ad banner management to my site and it seems like phpads is the way to go. But from what I can tell, the phpadsnew module here seems confusing. For instance, there are two versions of it both uploaded on the same day and time but there's no way of telling what's the current version.

How do you use the stand alone with Xoops? Do you install it like a module or something? Where can you download the most recent version?

Any help on where and how to start this process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote:

bbgds wrote:
I like phpadsnew also (although they recently put out a new release, so I believe 2.0 is outdated now.)

There was also a phpadsnew module, but I couldn't get it to work. The stand alone seems to work just fine tho.

evylrat
  • 2005/2/13 18:55

• evylrat

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/25

You can download the latest version fromhttp://phpadsnew.com/two/

Install it to a sub-directory. To make an advert in XOOPS I use the Javascript script to call the advert. Just cut and paste the code into a block. As easy as that.

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits