Krashkart
Remote Xoopsing from Behind Firewall
  • 2005/1/18 4:43

• Krashkart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/17

Hi there. I just discovered, after three weeks of frustration, that if I turn off my firewall my XOOPS website will begin to function properly instead of barfing the same old "Failed update of block. ID: xx" at me. As a matter of fact, I turned off my firewall and was finally able to post something to this support forum.

Tried every solution I could find here, and nothing seemed to work. Until I disabled my firewall (Norton Personal Firewall, in case you teh curious type. Now don't hack me while I'm down, y'hear!).

Hope that helps save someone else from the grief I've encountered for the last month. I can finally finish building my site and bring it up! *WooHoo!*

Thank you for your patience.

[ADDENDUM]

Almost forgot, 'Remote Xoopsing' because my site resides under external hosting. Without SSH!! *eeeeeeeeekkkkk!!!!* So, there you go.

m0nty
Re: Remote Xoopsing from Behind Firewall
  • 2005/1/18 4:53

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

try changing ur firewall settings to allow http header referring.. adding your site to the trusted section might work providing http headers aren't blocked..

Krashkart
  • 2005/1/18 5:02

• Krashkart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/17

*brain implodes*

Whoa, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you much m0nty!

jensclas

and for anyone else reading another thing to do is if you have Nortons Internet security and you have problems try turning 'Privacy Control' off. Seems to do some strange things with your online communication.

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits