hivtop
Header & footer only
  • 2005/1/16 15:18

• hivtop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/16

Hi everyone,
I am new to XOOPS and have just installed it for the first time... no errors... all went well.

I have looked for an answer to my broblem but could not find one.

My server is a Redhat 9 with Php 4.2.2

My problem... the index.php page only has a header and a footer on it... Nothing else. If I try to go to admin.php I get a "Sorry you don't have permission" from the XOOPS script

I enptied the SESSION DB table, dumped cookies, cleaned history and cashe, turned on debug in both XOOPS and php.ini (do not get any errors)... but still nothing.

any ideas as to how to fix this????

Herko
Re: Header & footer only
  • 2005/1/16 17:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Yup, I know what's causing this and how to fix it (well, globally).

The issue is that the MySQL tmp/ folder is not writable for the MySQL user you have configured to access the XOOPS site database. I hope that makes sense. It's a MySQL config issue, where the database cannot be used (or a part of it at least), because the MySQL user doesn't have the correct rights setup on the server, specifically for the tmp/ folder of your MySQL setup. As I'm no linux guru (early newbie is more accurate), that's about the extent of my help

Solution is to give the tmp/ folder of MySQL full read/write/execute rights for the user you have configured to run the XOOPS site db.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits