borislaa
Admin login problem - First Installation of XOOPS
  • 2005/1/12 16:16

• borislaa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

Hi all,
I encountered the following problem and would like to ask you for some help.

I installed successfully the last version of XOOPS and when I tried to log-in for a first time as an administrator I got the message "Thank you for logging in ..." and got returned to the home page. So I cannot enter the program and use it.

I have alredy got in touch with some other people who offerred me the following solutions that didn't help me at all:
1.I emptied the table "xoops_session" from MySQL DB
2.I deleted all cookies and emptied the cash
3.I performed a browser-check test and got one failure: Referrer-HSQ The URL of the referring page can be read. (host name + script name + query string) but I dont know what that means ...

I use Apache 1.3.27, MySQL 4, PHP 4.0.5

So, if you have any other ideas I would very much appreciate that!

Thank you in advance

monde
Re: Admin login problem - First Installation of XOOPS
  • 2005/1/12 16:44

• monde

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/15

When you log in as administrator, do you see a User Menu?
If you see a User Menu, you should see an item saying Administration Menu in that.
Click on Administration Menu to administer the program.

- Sid
ScALR Network Solutions

ackbarr
Re: Admin login problem - First Installation of XOOPS

Quote:
3.I performed a browser-check test and got one failure: Referrer-HSQ The URL of the referring page can be read. (host name + script name + query string) but I dont know what that means ...

This means that something (usually a firewall) is blocking your browser from sending the pages it comes from. XOOPS "out-of-the-box" uses the referer to ensure that submitted information originates from your server. If you have a software firewall, try disabling the firewall then attempting to login again. If it then works, you have two options

1. Alter your firewall config to allow sending of referer information (see comments)
2. Apply a hack to the XOOPS code to disable the referer check

Quote:

I use Apache 1.3.27, MySQL 4, PHP 4.0.5

According XOOPS FAQ: XOOPS Requirements, XOOPS needs PHP 4.1.0 or higher to function.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits