Quasi_Mojo
Please Help Blank Page in IE
  • 2005/1/12 13:40

• Quasi_Mojo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

Hi guys please see this url:http://www.ezisites.com/RaveWebSite/

This is the url to my new web site i am making using XOOPS.
I can see the web site fine in Mozilla FireFox 1.0.
I have no problems with XOOPS at all yet...

But I just was told and tested that it's not showing ANYTHING in Internet Explorer!!!!
It's loading the page source, it's all there, no broken tags or anything in the HTML.

I tried uploading the Defualt theme again to make sure I didn't screw it up.. but no.. same thing.... differnt source on View Source but still a BLANK PAGE....

PLEASE HELP I HAVE ONE MORE DAY otherwise i may have to learn another cms...

m0nty
Re: Please Help Blank Page in IE
  • 2005/1/12 13:49

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

try deleting everything in templates_c folder.. the default theme should work..

dgill
  • 2005/1/12 13:50

• dgill

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/2

I was having the same issue and it ended up being with my theme that was causing the site to crash all the time. What I had to do was wait until it came back up after a few hours and then go in and change the theme. That fixed the issue for me.

Quasi_Mojo
  • 2005/1/12 13:56

• Quasi_Mojo

• Just popping in

OMG THANK U

IT WORKED AWESOME!!!!

OK remember all.. to keep clearing out that templates_c folder!!!!!! lol

m0nty
  • 2005/1/12 13:58

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

incidentally tho, i can't see anythin wrong in the source, but it is definitely a theme issue..

i see you're using the default theme tho, but you have edited it.. i would recommend never to edit the default theme or templates as they can be a life saver should something go wrong with the editing..

it's always best to make a copy of the theme and then edit the copy, same with templates, clone them 1st and edit the cloned versions and not the default versions..

*EDIT*

glad that worked :)

m0nty
  • 2005/1/12 14:02

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

btw.. charlotte birch is ace :) i see her a lot, i also went to her wedding a few years ago....

along with Amber D & every1 lol

Quasi_Mojo
  • 2005/1/12 14:03

• Quasi_Mojo

• Just popping in

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
incidentally tho, i can't see anythin wrong in the source, but it is definitely a theme issue..

i see you're using the default theme tho, but you have edited it.. i would recommend never to edit the default theme or templates as they can be a life saver should something go wrong with the editing..

it's always best to make a copy of the theme and then edit the copy, same with templates, clone them 1st and edit the cloned versions and not the default versions..

*EDIT*

glad that worked :)

It was actually to do with the smarty templating system copying the files... there is the option to turn it off in the admin.. if you turn it off you need to delete out the template_c folder... I think? is that right?

Anyway it's fixed now.. Thanks guys!

Quasi_Mojo
  • 2005/1/12 14:05

• Quasi_Mojo

• Just popping in

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
btw.. charlotte birch is ace :) i see her a lot, i also went to her wedding a few years ago....

along with Amber D & every1 lol

Hell yeah, she is coming to New Zealand for the second time... this web site we are setting up is all about HardHouse music... we also run a Party Pill Web Site... www.ravepillz.com
I used Mambo for that!!! (Smack on the hand) lol

m0nty
  • 2005/1/12 14:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

yes thats right :) sometimes the smallest things get missed :-|

m0nty
  • 2005/1/12 14:10

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

hahaha yeah.. i used to do a lot of promotions for em over here in uk.. but have now left the website i created for it after disagreements with the way it was being run (by kids who didn't have a clue about management)

will be launching a new site doing promotions and stuff for nightclubs and record labels etc soon, but with content and stuff catering for usa/canada and uk.. i may even stretch to australia/NZ if i can find any contacts over there willing to deal with that section of the site..

but I love hard trance & hard house music :)

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits