ManXP
Moving Search Link
  • 2005/1/5 15:51

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

Hello,

I want to add Search link to main menu. Now my website uses Search Block and it wastes my space. I don't need a search box to be displayed, but i'd like to add "Search" link to Main Menu. And this link should open search.php of course.

How could i make that? I know, that it's possible to edit Main Menu template and add Search link under all the other links, but i need this to be displayed in another order.

Using X 2.0.9.2. Thank you.

Herko
Re: Moving Search Link
  • 2005/1/5 15:57

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

With the current main menu, there's no way to do what you want just like that. The reason is -as far as I understand it- that the menu items are loaded as an array, and then the menu block loops through the array to display them. In that process, it's impossible to enter some link that is not in the array, untill the loop has completed.

You can use a menu module like iMenu or MultiMenu tho.

Herko

ManXP
Re: Moving Search Link
  • 2005/1/5 20:34

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

Thank you, Herko

Ok, then here's another question:

How to add "title" atributes to Main Menu links? For example, there's link "News" and i'd like to add title="News" for this link. And with other links too. It's needed to edit modules (not Main Menu template), i think?

Yes, you may ask - why do i need this? Well, i'm crazy for search engine optimization. Now i get 8x more traffic from Google after all my optimizations to XOOPS website and i need more.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits