blackhawk1
Static content help, Not forum/download/link etc orientated
  • 2005/1/1 0:52

• blackhawk1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/29

Hey there,

Firstly I would like to congratulate the XOOPS Team on building/scripting such an amazing bit of software/script.
I am still trying to come to terms with the power of this thing.
However, where ever there is praise there is usually a downside. I am wanting to use XOOPS to create a site. Ok so whats the problem you may ask. Well, currently I have the ability to use forums, downloads, links, partners etc modules that are readily provided with the XOOPS script. I am however wanting to create static pages as part of my main site. I have been playing with the idea of possibly using the news module to do this but have since found that it would only annoy and anger visitors due to the navigation required (to each thing etc).
I am not completely sure if there is a cms third party snap in that I could use in which I could create static html pages by means of of either html or rich text editing.
If there is one then which one would you suggest.
My server specs are as follows;
Windows 2000 AS
Apache 2
MySql
PHP

Any information is very much welcomed.

All the best Tom.

smdcom
Re: Static content help, Not forum/download/link etc orientated

For static page you can use wf-channel. available at www.wf-projects.com

SMD

rowdie
  • 2005/1/1 1:03

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Or you can check out the other options in this faq.

blackhawk1
  • 2005/1/1 1:13

• blackhawk1

• Just popping in

Hey Guys,
Thanks for your very very quick and prompt response. I will go and check those options out now and look.
SMD I would like to thank you for your help in the last topic I had raised. I decided to back a lot of pages in a different category and found something on what I was after.
It seems that what had been offered there would make it a permanent feature allowing both internet and local network access to my site.
I will send a request to the XOOPS team asking if they would include it in the installation guide as a minimum and possibly integrate it into the installation aswell.

I will let you both know what I can find with regards to this Topic.

Thanks again
and all the best Tom (PS Happy New Year and have a good 2005)

blackhawk1
  • 2005/1/1 1:27

• blackhawk1

• Just popping in

Hey again,

Ok I have looked at the FAQ section and also at the WS one. I am a little concerned that I have to create a new page for every html page I wish to display. Not only would this make it a little more complex for me but also It would not be suitable with regards to interactivity with users. Ideally I would like admins to be able to create pages to over the net without having to access my server other than via a browser.
Also I am still unsure about the menu system. If I use the ws version would any page I make be automatically Displayed inside of the main menu link panel or would I have to try and create some sort of navigation system of my own ?

All the best Tom.

smdcom

Quote:

Also I am still unsure about the menu system. If I use the ws version would any page I make be automatically Displayed inside of the main menu link panel or would I have to try and create some sort of navigation system of my own ?

If you choose it will displayed inside of the main menu. the good example is on this site. looks at "All About XOOPS" in comunnity menu.

blackhawk1
  • 2005/1/1 1:46

• blackhawk1

• Just popping in

CMD,

I dont klnow if you got my last pm but I somehow managed to overlook the fact that WF-sections etc is created and based on unix. Unfortunately for me I run a windows machine and cannot make no use of it.
Unless of course it will run and work on a windows based machine and the unix bit was a mistake lol.

All the best Tom.

rowdie
  • 2005/1/1 1:52

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

WF-Section runs on any system XOOPS runs on.

blackhawk1
  • 2005/1/1 2:04

• blackhawk1

• Just popping in

Rowdie,

Ok cheers. I feel that at some stage I will become completely and utterly annoying lol. I hope not but I fear the worst.
I have just one more question (looking at the time) It says in the description for WF-Channel that it will only work and run with XOOPS v2.0.5 and no other. Has this been updated do you know or not ? Or is this another mistake or bluff ?
I am running the latest one (v2.0.9.1)
More likely than not it will work (I somehow have no doubt, but hey you got to ask to be safe aint you lol)

Cheers again and
All the best TOM

Bender
  • 2005/1/1 2:46

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:
It says in the description for WF-Channel that it will only work and run with XOOPS v2.0.5 and no other. Has this been updated do you know or not ? Or is this another mistake or bluff ?

You might want to follow smd´s suggestion and pay a visit to www.wf-projects.com. Check the download area for wf-channel 1.06.
However there will be a version even newer than that hopefully within the next 2 weeks.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits