kiwiguy
Whats The Main Plan?
  • 2004/12/31 3:03

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I know I am a bit blonde so just bear with my stupid question but this is it!

Could you give me more of a rundown on what we are doing?? Are we testing pre exiting modules or new ones that are being placed on the site?? And how is it going to be done are they going to be sent to us to test first before being placed into the module repository??

Just need these clarified a bit more as there is nothing stating how this is exactly going to work that I can see or am I just not reading the forums properly sorry if this sounds like a silly question!

kiwiguy

Dave_L
Re: Whats The Main Plan?
  • 2004/12/31 3:14

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

At this time, we're working on specifying the QA process. I.e., we're not doing testing yet, but rather trying to define the testing and certification process itself.

The QA process will apply to both new and existing modules.

Hopefully, the QA team itself will not need to do all the testing itself. Other parties can help out with that; for example, a module developer will (ideally) write the smoketests for his module and submit his test results, using the guidelines provided by the QA team.

As for whether the modules will be sent to us before being placed in the repository, I don't know. Possibly they'll be placed in the repository with a "U" (uncertified) classification, and the classification will be revised after the module has been reviewed.

Login

Who's Online

258 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 258

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits