basza
2 Stupid Questions
  • 2004/12/22 8:17

• basza

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

I am trying to add a link into a doc. I know about [url] [/url] but this opens a new page, I want it to open in the same page. Is this possible?

The other question is how do I add <hl> using the XOOPS code?

Thanks in advance

carnuke
Re: 2 Stupid Questions
  • 2004/12/22 10:22

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I think you may need read this faq herehttps://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=253

It tells you how to wrap your custom pages so that they open up in the XOOPS site.

I hope this is what you want to do??

Richard

basza
  • 2004/12/22 10:42

• basza

• Just popping in

Not quite what I am looking for.Thanks anyway carnuke.

My pages are already in php format and can be displayed ok with xoops. I want to place a local link within these pages.

[*url=http://xxxx.com/modules/news]news[/url] (don't worry about the * ) This opens a new browser window, I want it to open in the parent window.

Thanks in advance

richbrown
  • 2004/12/22 11:18

• richbrown

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hi

You could try using html....

<a href="url" target="_self">Name of link</a>

Put this into your block and it should link to the new page. Alternatively you could do the same but instead of putting 'Name of link', you could place an image. Then when the image is clicked you will go to the new page.

I am currently building a web site with this sort of link in. Go tohttp://www.weddingcompanycornwall.co.uk/modules/tinycontent5/index.php?id=1

and that demonstrates a link using a picture. When you click on the link, the next links take you to a new page. To do this all I did was use the usual link but you could always change the above to target="blank".

I hope this helps.

Enjoy your Christmas.

Rich

richbrown
  • 2004/12/22 11:25

• richbrown

• Just popping in

Hi

Oops didn't see the second question and by the way they are not stupid - no XOOPS question is stupid. We are all on a voyage of discovery, some further advanced than others!!! I've still got a long way to go!

If you want to get the h1 tag, the best thing you can do is hit replay to this message. Now look above the message box to the button 'add'. To the left of that is a box. If you type in there a load of text and then press add, it will just come out as if you typed it in directly!

However, if before you press add (and after you type your text), you change the size of the text by hitting the text button twin arrows (you get a pull down menu), you will see it change dynamically to the right of the add button. You can also change font, colour (now spelt correctly!!!), B = bold, I = Italics, U = underlined and L = crossed through.

I know this isn't quite the equivalent of h1 but you get the same result.

And I still hope you enjoy your Christmas!

With love

Rich

carnuke
  • 2004/12/22 11:48

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hey, nice wedding site Rich. Real clean, professional and displays the content in classy way.

You achieved an important step here ... your site does not look like its straight out of the XOOPS mould.

basza
  • 2004/12/22 11:58

• basza

• Just popping in

Ok thanks for all the help. I had tried the <a href=....> in other modules and it displayed just the text, but it's working now.

2nd question wasn't <h1> but <HL> the line tag.

Yes your site does look good. Hopefuly I sound have mine ready for the public soon.

Thanks

JMorris
  • 2004/12/22 12:13

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

When you say <HL> are you referring to a Horizontal Line (Horizontal Rule). If so, the html is <hr>. I don't believe there is BB code for the Horizontal Rule tag.

Here's a great little HTML quick reference page.

http://houseofstrauss.co.uk/files/tag.html

richbrown
  • 2004/12/22 12:23

• richbrown

• Just popping in

Hi Basza

Sorry for the h1 instead of HL!!! Post me the url of your site when it is up, I'll be interested to look.

Rich

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits