beerMe
image sizing in mylinks module
  • 2004/12/17 7:21

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

I'm trying to get the little pictures to appear next to the links, but when I put in a maximum width for the images, it forces all the images to have exactly the maximum width. What's up with that?

Draven
Re: image sizing in mylinks module
  • 2004/12/17 7:25

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

The maximum width setting is a global setting so it will affect all the images.

Can you provide a link to the page in question so I can see what exactly you are trying to do?

beerMe
  • 2004/12/17 12:45

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

Here is the link.

Okay, I turned off the global setting of "Select yes to display screenshot images for each link" in the mylinks general settings screen. Now, the image for each link shows properly in FireFox but does not show at all in IE.

If the "Select yes to display screenshot images for each link" is set to yes, then each image is automatically stretched to the maximum width setting, and the height is scaled accordingly, in both IE and FireFox. This is pretty odd!

Draven
  • 2004/12/19 0:53

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Did you remove the images? Sorry I didn't look earlier, been busy with christmas styff.

beerMe
  • 2004/12/19 2:22

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

I did not remove the images. If "Select yes to display screenshot images for each link" is set to "Yes" in the admin section, then all images are stretched to be exactly the MAXIMUM width set in the admin section, with a corresponding stretch in height. If "Select yes to display screenshot images for each link" is set to "No," then the images appear fine in Firefox but do not appear at all in IE. This is pretty odd! If you look at the site in IE right now, you will not see the images, but if you look at the site in Firefox, the images appear exactly as they should.

beerMe
Bug in Mylinks module
  • 2004/12/21 2:25

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

I had reported this bug a few days ago, but have not received any update recently. Here is a description of the bug. I think this is worth looking into, as this module is pre-packaged with the current XOOPS distribution.

Quote:

If "Select yes to display screenshot images for each link" is set to "Yes" in the admin section, then all images are stretched to be exactly the MAXIMUM width set in the admin section, with a corresponding stretch in height. If "Select yes to display screenshot images for each link" is set to "No," then the images appear fine in Firefox but do not appear at all in IE. This is pretty odd! If you look at the site in IE right now, you will not see the images, but if you look at the site in Firefox, the images appear exactly as they should.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits